C5 opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: C5 opinions

Depends what you want. The C-5 is fairly transparent and clear, but the pickup just didn't have the thickness and growl I like so I ended up removing it. It might be perfect for you! Try it.

Comment

Doesnt the C5 sound alot liek the bb's?
      Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

Code:
        Doesnt the C5 sound alot liek the bb's?
        I hope not,thats the last thing I want .If the BB's werent so thin and harsh(to my ears) they sound like they could've made a good vintage pup,very airy and open,but just too harsh for my tast.So I went and ordered the C5 and the pro II's,will post some opinions once I put'em in.
        Last edited by LesPlayer; 05-03-2004, 12:29 AM.

Comment

The C-5 sounds exactly like the BB....that's why I removed it.

Hehe, just kidding. Seriously, the C-5 has a similar EQ to the BB Pro to my ears but the highs are a little fatter and smoother, while the over all tone is beefier and thicker. It is airy and open but thicker than the BB Pros.

I personally ended up with the Rio Grande BBQ because I like the tone a little fatter and with more thick mids.

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul
            Depends what you want. The C-5 is fairly transparent and clear, but the pickup just didn't have the thickness and growl I like so I ended up removing it. It might be perfect for you! Try it.
            sounds to me like i would hate it then? from what i remember you tried a C5 in a les paul right?

well i would not even want to think how crappy it would sound in my ibanez then!

Comment

Originally posted by RG 2570
              sounds to me like i would hate it then? from what i remember you tried a C5 in a les paul right?

well i would not even want to think how crappy it would sound in my ibanez then!
              Hey RG 2570, check out the thread with my clip of a C5 in my alder bodied, Floyd equipped Jackson.

Sound Clips and Playing Tips. Post Your MP3 links here as well as Q/A regarding guitar playing. Recording gear questions posted here.
              GUITARS
              STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
              AMPS
              Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocker35
                Hey RG 2570, check out the thread with my clip of a C5 in my alder bodied, Floyd equipped Jackson.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=5073

sounds pretty good! the jackson is basswood like my ibanez?

Comment

Yes, I am still up in the air over the C-5. I missed a lot of thickness and growl I get from pickups with more mids and I tried and tried to thickenup the mids at the amp. I however DID NOT have the cut problems some people report with the C-5. It cut through the mix fine!

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul
                    Yes, I am still up in the air over the C-5. I missed a lot of thickness and growl I get from pickups with more mids and I tried and tried to thickenup the mids at the amp. I however DID NOT have the cut problems some people report with the C-5. It cut through the mix fine!
                    I have a worry that the C5 will sound to tame? i like a tone that is aggressive but balanced? the C5 on paper looks very unbalanced?
                    I took the JB back and got store credit,and am wondering what if any duncan i should try next?
                    you know how it goes,i am 95% happy with the wolfgangs but it is that 5% that keeps makin me think there is something better

Comment

What about the Custom??

Comment

Working...
                      X