Pickup Choice for Flying V - METAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pickup Choice for Flying V - METAL

actually i think you might be happy with something that isn't discussed much on here...

(drum role)..... FULL SHRED!

i don't know much about this pickup but it sounds like i'd be a perfect match for your V and what your looking for. look into it. i know Prophet loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory_Dylan
      actually i think you might be happy with something that isn't discussed much on here...

(drum role)..... FULL SHRED!

i don't know much about this pickup but it sounds like i'd be a perfect match for your V and what your looking for. look into it. i know Prophet loves it.
      I know, man. I've been reading on that pup...sounds killer. Not enough talk about it, for sure. That's why I'm leaning on the SH-6, or a 81. Anyone with experience with either or these pups talked about on this thread, feel free to reply or PM me. Thanks a lot again.

Comment

hey "-blackened-"

whats up?

you could try what IM Ken said and do the X2N/ fred combo.
        i would guess that since the FRED has more mids, that it would be smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/
          hey "-blackened-"

whats up?

you could try what IM Ken said and do the X2N/ fred combo.
          i would guess that since the FRED has more mids, that it would be smooth.
          Nice work there fellow MET fan. (Boy has that forum gone downhill... ) Thanks for the reply!

BTW - Who are you in the Metallica forum?

<--Sorry guys, but I'm floating off topic now. Golly, that Metallica forum used to be great. Good information and a good amount of friendly daily users. But now, you get the same threads OVER AND OVER again and nonstop whining about countries that MET skipped! It's totally a waste of time now!

Thank you again everyone for creating the SD Forum Family (I like to refer to as the SDFF ) and keeping the info to the max and the bullsh!t to a minimum. You guys simply put rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarist
            Nice work there fellow MET fan. (Boy has that forum gone downhill... ) Thanks for the reply!

BTW - Who are you in the Metallica forum?

<--Sorry guys, but I'm floating off topic now. Golly, that Metallica forum used to be great. Good information and a good amount of friendly daily users. But now, you get the same threads OVER AND OVER again and nonstop whining about countries that MET skipped! It's totally a waste of time now!

Thank you again everyone for creating the SD Forum Family (I like to refer to as the SDFF ) and keeping the info to the max and the bullsh!t to a minimum. You guys simply put rock.
            yeah, that place kinda sucks now, but what can we do
            anyways, im LPshredder there. i answered to your same thread over there too!
            too bad, that everyone is gonna say EMG 81 for bridge and 60 for neck.
            and ruinerr is gonna get in there and "ruin" it all!!

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/
              yeah, that place kinda sucks now, but what can we do
              anyways, im LPshredder there. i answered to your same thread over there too!
              too bad, that everyone is gonna say EMG 81 for bridge and 60 for neck.
              and ruinerr is gonna get in there and "ruin" it all!!

Haha. I know that. Well, what can we do but hope that they are mature enough not to bias their opinion that easily. For them - Hetfield baby, Hetfield. For us - Well, hell this is a SD Forum!!

But at least here, we're all smart enough to consider other pups designed for different tones.

Thanks again.

Comment

I've got a Full Shred in my '85 reissue V and it smokes! There's a Gibson super distortion in front, but it never gets used.
                www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hellion
                  I've got a Full Shred in my '85 reissue V and it smokes! There's a Gibson super distortion in front, but it never gets used.
                  Killer. Are you familiar with SH-6's? I'd like some comparisons if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellion
                    hey man
                    do u have any clips of ur setup?
                    Guitars:
                    Ernie Ball/Music Man Sillhouette Special (custom wound Blue Velvets, JB bridge), Ibanez RG3120 (PAFPro neck, Tone Zone), Gibson V (Seth in Neck, C5 in bridge), Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster (Stock)
                    Amps:
                    Mesa Boogie Mark III Simulcass Head, Marshall JMP-1, Mesa Boogie 50/50, Trace Elliot Tramp

Comment

I don't really understand this 'puter stuff enough to be able to do that yet, sorry guys. That V isn't really my main axe right now. I only haul 2 guitars to any show and that's a '76 LP Custom that's been beat to death and a '95 Mexi Tele that's been beat to death. If you're interested, though, my equipment is for the most part archaic. The signal chain is the same for all the instruments: AT wireless to DBX compressor then Digitech GSP 5 (still can't beat the echoes and distortions) split to stereo then BBE Sonic maximizer into Marshall 8008 PA, custom 212 cabinet made by a company that isn't even in existence anymore loaded with Emminence 75 W 8 ohm speakers. Long live the 80's, huh?
                      www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Just wanted to revive this thread incase anyone else has useful info on the topic, because I'm only weeks away from picking up this axe, if plans go accordingly to desires. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
                        X