Swapping a stock Ibanez humbucker for a Screamin Demon Trembucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping a stock Ibanez humbucker for a Screamin Demon Trembucker

Hey I had a wiring question...I just bought a Screamin Demon Trembucker and am going to replace my stock bridge pickup on my Ibanez RG 270 with it. I looked up some wiring schematics about where to solder the wires. Ibanez's diagram accounts for 3 wires from the pickup - a bare, red and white wire. The bare wire is grounded, and the red and white wires are each soldered to a different node on the 5-way pickup selecter. The Seymour Duncan diagram accounts for 2 more wires than the stock pickup on the RG270 has. It indicates I should ground both the bare wire and an extra green wire, solder the red and white wires to the SAME node on the 5-way pickup selecter, and I don't know what it is telling me to do with the black wire. It seems to show the black wire attatched to the other end of the pickup selecter, but there is no indication that it is supposed to be soldered (all of the other points that are soldered are indicated with an icon). Can anyone give me a hand in understanding how I am supposed to wire this pickup?

~Tim, Toronto.

Re: Swapping a stock Ibanez humbucker for a Screamin Demon Trembucker

how is your guitar setup?

Comment

nevermind.

just ground the green and bare wires and do everything else like the ibanez schematic sais. the SD schematic might not work the way the RG is supposed to

Comment

The white is the hot and the red is the tap. Just solder the red and white wires on your Duncan to where the red was and solder the black wire to where the white was. Then, green and bare go where the bare went (probably to the back of a pot).
        ScreamingDaisy: I don't do sympathy. If you want sympathy, it can be found in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Comment

Thanks alot!

Comment

Working...
          X