Magnet Swapping!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnet Swapping!!!

Anyone have a website or tutorial on how to change magnets? I'm doing this in my humbucker on the strat! Thanks!
    '03 Gibson LP Premium Plus (FS/Stock)
    '02 MIM Fender Strat (C5/Stock/Stock)
    '03 5150 Combo
    MXR Phase 90

Re: Magnet Swapping!!!

I haven't tried this yet, but had the same question some weeks back. Here ya go... and welcome to the board.

Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Originally posted by JammerMatt
      I haven't tried this yet, but had the same question some weeks back. Here ya go... and welcome to the board.

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/barmagswap.htm
      Ahhh...My own tutorial,very cool to see you guys getting some help from it...This stuff used to be in The Vault,but it went bye bye for some reason?

John S
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

How do you obtain magnets?? Can you buy them, or do you have to steal one from a different pup?
        Playing:
        Thorn, PRS and Kauer Guitars
        Marshall, Greer amps, Metroamp Home Builds
        Duncan Favorites: SM3, 59's, Sat Night Specials....
        Scumback Speakers, V Picks and various other sundries

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike Blues
          How do you obtain magnets?? Can you buy them, or do you have to steal one from a different pup?
          Both actually...

I get my A2,A3,and A5 from the link below and the one A4 I own I got from Lew...

Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I've got a link on my other computer for a source...I'll see if I can dig it up. It has A2, A3 and A5. A4 is harder to come by, I've got one just waiting for the right time and project.
            My Sound Clips

Comment

Thanks! Changed my C3 to a C5.. MUCHO better

Cory
              '03 Gibson LP Premium Plus (FS/Stock)
              '02 MIM Fender Strat (C5/Stock/Stock)
              '03 5150 Combo
              MXR Phase 90

Comment

Originally posted by CoryXC
                Thanks! Changed my C3 to a C5.. MUCHO better

Cory
                Cool beans to you..

Comment

Thanks for the tips. You think swapping an A2 into my JB would give me a fuller sound? Any links for mags appreciated. I didn;t see them on the other site.
                  Playing:
                  Thorn, PRS and Kauer Guitars
                  Marshall, Greer amps, Metroamp Home Builds
                  Duncan Favorites: SM3, 59's, Sat Night Specials....
                  Scumback Speakers, V Picks and various other sundries

Comment

Working...
                  X