Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veil
    replied
    Dimarzio Super Distortion is pretty much perfect for chugga chugga palm muting. I don't think it will be too dark at all...Tone charts and other such stuff tend to make it look like it's a dark pickup. It's not.

edit: or, go with a Custom, I hear those are awesome.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    similar output to a jb

Leave a comment:

• mysafehaven
    replied
    wow, thanks for the replies guys. I think i'll check out the custom. How loud is it, compared to say...a jb? and Davey, I am wondering that too.

Leave a comment:

• Davey
    replied
    mahagony body, mahagony neck? this just screams for a JB. the mahagony will tame those heights but it'll still have it's tight crunch.. but the ebony fretboard makes me think of the custom too .. but wont that one sound a bit dark? too muddy? or will the ceramic magnet negate that and it'll just stay it's ordinary kickass self?

Leave a comment:

• 59paul
    replied
    I voted for the JB because you mentioned you wanted a pup that was " articulate ". I think the JB is just that.

Leave a comment:

• Surgeon
    replied
    One more vote for the custom, high output, tight low-end without being dard, nice, articulate, that's what I have in the guitar in my avatar and it sounds great through my jcm-800 for hardcore..

Leave a comment:

• mysafehaven
    replied
    how loud is the custom?

Leave a comment:

• HolyDirt
    replied
    Originally posted by mysafehaven
    my bad, people say the jb is too bright in an sg, the dimarzio super distortion is too dark.
    no, you can just roll back the volume its sounds great

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    id say the sh5 custom. very tight with good strong output and aggressive mids

Leave a comment:

• mysafehaven
    replied
    my bad, people say the jb is too bright in an sg, the dimarzio super distortion is too dark.

Leave a comment:

• 59paul
    replied
    Can't imagine a JB being dark in an SG. Can't imagine an SG being dark.

Leave a comment:

• mysafehaven
    replied
    btw, the sg is mahagony body and neck, with ebony fretboard. and 500k pots.

Leave a comment:

• mysafehaven
    replied
    i hear that jb's sound dark in sg's. What are the tonal characteristics of a custom 5? how is the output on it? thanks

Leave a comment:

• 59paul
    replied
    Or a JB

Leave a comment:

• Stratcat
    replied
    I recommened the Duncan Custom 5.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X