les paul bridge pick-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• les paul bridge pick-up

I have 1989 59' reissue Les Paul that has always sounded a little thin, bright , cold and harsh to me. I have numerous other guitars and many Seymour Duncan pick-ups. I Usually prefer the Custom and 59 combo. I think my taste are changing now. The Custom is a little too aggressive and harsh at times, and I have tried Gibson 57 classics, Pearly Gates bridge and the original pickups. I tried a JB in a similiar guitar and did not like it.(Too dark). I have Seth Lovers in another Les Paul and am happy with them, but they are a little too vintage for what I'm looking for. I think the Custom Custom is what I'm looking for. I want something warm, smooth, and still able to cover 70' and 80' rock. I really like the 59's, seth lovers, alnico pro 11 NECK pickups I have in my guitars, but really have struggled finding the smooth and warm sound for the bridge position. I still want to cover everything from classic rock to hard rock and metal. How about some help all you tone wizards out there!! Thanks in advance. Larry

You basically described the Custom Custom. It'll cover the 70's and 80's rock. It's warm and smooth. You can play anything from classic rock to heavy rock with that pickup.

Comment

I just had a Custom Custom put in my son's Epi Les Paul . Warm and smooth is what I d call it.
      His Grace is Amazing

Comment

The CC is a great choice as Jolly said. Antiqs are another possibility even though they're a bit lower in output.

Jeff
        "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Yeah id go with a custom custom, i dont think you'll be dissapointed.
          My Soundclick page.

Comment

a smooth and warm sound from the bridge of a lp sounds like a cc to me

Comment

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I think I have to try the Custom Custom. My only problem is I may have to buy 11 more for my Les pauls, PRS's, Yamaha, Ibanez, custom made , strat etc....guitars. thanks again, Larry
              p.s. am still open to suggestion!!!

Comment

Keep checkin ebay, dude !!! LOL
                Only The Strong Survive

Comment

My R7 's pretty bright. A little on the thin side. But I am very happy with my antiquity humbuckers.
                  Guitars:

1. Gibson 57 Reissue with antiquity humbuckers
                  2. Gibson Studio (winered) with Pearly Gates set

Amp:

I. Marshall JCM2000 DSL401

Comment

Working...
                  X