Anderson Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson Pickups

Sorry for ANOTHER thread on the same topic, but I'm really considering getting a H2+. It got great reviews on HC, but I've never heard any testimonials on here. Please convince me that I will love this pickup.
    Originally posted by The Minstrel
    Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Re: Anderson Pickups

Someone must have tried one! :'(
    Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

Please?

Comment

ive played one before and it sounded good, kinda like a jb with the eq focus slid down but its been a long time. anderson makes some good stuff but its kinda pricey compared to other pups that sound just as good

Comment

Most of his humbuckers I found for $70...

Comment

i thought they used to be 99, 70 isnt so bad

Comment

They say retail price is $99, but you can find them for $70 new.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
                ive played one before and it sounded good, kinda like a jb with the eq focus slid down but its been a long time. anderson makes some good stuff but its kinda pricey compared to other pups that sound just as good
                From Jeremy's description you might to well with a Custom. At least that would be my opnion from others' impression of the Custom. You might also look for a used PRS Dragon II.

Comment

The Dragon II description sounds more similar to the H2+ than any duncan (similar to a JB but smoother and more balanced). I still want to try one though. And, of course $70 vs. $125 is a pretty convincing argument, especially as there aren't any Dragon II's on ebay.
                  Last edited by italic zero; 05-05-2004, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Did you ever get those Andersons? I saw Billy Howerdell live and know he uses the H3+/H1 combo and his tone smoked that night. I have always been interested in trying some. The H3+ seems like it might be too hot though.

I was interested in trying the H3 or H2+.

One thing I find interesting on the Anderson site is they say they are designed with larger pole pieces and a different pole spacing to eliminate typical drop out problems and to provide a wider field?
                    Last edited by papersoul; 06-09-2004, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X