Duncan P-90 Antiquity: Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan P-90 Antiquity: Opinions?

I have a Les Paul Special RI with Gibson P90's (A5 magnets). These pup's are very hot output-wise, IMO. I'm scratchin my chin over the SD Antiquity P90's (A2 magnets). The product description sounds interesting, but I sure would like to hear from any users out there who have tried both.
    Thanks for your time.

Re: Duncan P-90 Antiquity: Opinions?

i have not tried the p90's yet, but i have tried the tele and strat antiquity pickups. they both replaced pickups with A5 magnets and i would never take the antiquities out of my guitars. They give you a sound that gibson or in my case fender pickups could not give you. they are much more airy and vintage sounding than any other pickups i have tried. They just have a mojo all their own.

I wouldn't worry about the output either, they will have plenty of output and have a nice fat sound. they will not be ice picky at all but just full sounding and articulate. If i were you i would stop scrathing my chin and just get some.

Good luck with your mods
    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Thanks. I do have several A2 pup's in other guitars. I'm curious about these Antiquity P90's and I don't see any discussion in this forum about them (after doing a search).
      Does anyone have a set that can shed some light on their tone?

Comment

i don't think i know of anyone with the antiquity p90's, but someone might come along. Maybe Evan can shed some light on this for you too.
        Cleveland Guitars

Comment

I had to replace the pup in a '56 LP Jr. I went with an Antiquity. It's still there, and I have no interest in going with anything else, unless a vintage dogear comes my way. In that guitar, it's a very nice pup.

Comment

Working...
          X