Pickup Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Help

Well, right now I'm pretty much debating between Seymour Duncan's SSL-1, APS-1, and APST-1 pickups. However, I'm not sure which position these pickups are best at. If you could tell me where these pickups preform the best and if you have a different preference of pickup I should think about.

Thanks
    Dave

P.S. - I have a Gibson Burstbucker Pro Humbucker at the bridge and am
    looking for two single coil pickups for the middle and neck positions.

Re: Pickup Help

P.P.S.

The guitar is one my brother strted to build so it is not any particular model, I would probably compar it most to a Gibson either a Les Paul or SG. Yet it does have some Strat similarities.

Comment

so is it a short scale set neck mahogany guitar? id say the ssl1's would be a good choice to match with the bb pro, rw/rp for one of em so when both singles are on youll get hum cancelling.

Comment

alright, i am just learning about pickups myself, so thanks for the help. would a rw/rp ssl-1 be better in either of the positions or would it not matter?

Comment

what's rw/rp??
          • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
          • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
          • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
          • G&L Tribute Comanche
          • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
          • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
          • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666
            what's rw/rp??
            Reverse wound/Reverse polarity. I believe that the purpose for this is when you combine two single coil pickups, you achieve a humbucking effect.
            Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

yep

Comment

yep so ya only need one. with a bucker and two singles one being rw/rp in pos 2 youll be humcancelling and if you split the bucker youll get humcancelling in pos 4

Comment

Working...
                X