banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ways to find the perfect pups without spending a small fortune?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ways to find the perfect pups without spending a small fortune?

One of the local music stores in this area used to have a modified electric guitar ( I think it was an Ibanez or a Yamaha, nothing special) that had been routed out to fit different pups mounted onto blocks that you could "plug in" to the guitar. It was a great way to compare pups. Maybe somewhere close to you there's a music store that copped the same idea?
    www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Originally posted by garublador
      No one has given the least expensive solution...change your idea of what "perfect" tone means.

Chances are you'll spend a lot of your time thinking you're only 95% of the way to your perfect tone. The only way you'll reach 100% is if you decide you're sick of searching.
      I like this a lot! it is easier and cheaper!

Comment

A robbery.
        No! Seymour, I didn't mean it!
        Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Originally posted by Hellion
          One of the local music stores in this area used to have a modified electric guitar ( I think it was an Ibanez or a Yamaha, nothing special) that had been routed out to fit different pups mounted onto blocks that you could "plug in" to the guitar. It was a great way to compare pups. Maybe somewhere close to you there's a music store that copped the same idea?
          That's guitar stores should do, to help us a little.
          Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Originally posted by Hellion
            I like that! but keep in mind many stores dont feel that the pup is all that important like we do or that store did.
            i asked the clerk at GC what is a good duncan he said the JB i said how do you know that?
            he said because it is the biggest seller, and that tells me squat about how it sounds!

Comment

Working...
            X