banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a Duncan similar to the Dragon II?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Simon_F
    Super Moderator

• Simon_F
    replied
    Re: Is there a Duncan similar to the Dragon II?

In case you're interested I e-mailed PRS about the specs of the Dragon II pups some time ago.

They say the DC Resistance is about 12k for the bridge, 8k for the neck.

The magnets are alnico but they wouldn't say 2, 5 or whatever and they wouldn't comment on the resonant peak.

I know what you mean - my bandmate gets excellent tones from his stock CU22. Question is, is that just the pups?

You could buy just the Dragon IIs, but how much of that tone is in the rest of the guitar?

Leave a comment:

• Metalman_666
    Ultimate Tone Slacker

• Metalman_666
    replied

Yeah, its a good thing they sell their pups as aftermarket reps, go nuts and buy a set from a dealer if you like them.

Leave a comment:

• Big Mike Blues
    Tone Member

• Big Mike Blues
    replied

Yes you can buy Dragon II pups from PRS. I am quite fond of them as well. There is no Duncan that is an exact or close enough in my opinion ( not better just different). I usually buy these from Jack Gretz at magdon music. If you buy off the PRS website you'll pay 120 bucks each. Bout 96 each through dealers. I just scored a used set for 100 bucks for the pair. Great pickups.

Leave a comment:

• TheArchitect
    Guest replied

Geez dude, haven't been here a few times before?? No they don't. PRS sells exactly what your looking for if thats what you want.

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    Toneologist

• RG 2570
    replied

Originally posted by papersoul
    I had a few chances to listen to my friend play his PRS CU22 with Dragon II p'ups and was floord at his tone through my rig. I am wondering if there happens to be a similar Duncan I could buy?

Thanks!
    does prs sell pups sepertly? maybe you can buy just the set from him?

Leave a comment:

• papersoul
    Mojo's Minions

• papersoul
    started a topic Is there a Duncan similar to the Dragon II?

Is there a Duncan similar to the Dragon II?

I had a few chances to listen to my friend play his PRS CU22 with Dragon II p'ups and was floord at his tone through my rig. I am wondering if there happens to be a similar Duncan I could buy?

Thanks!
Working...
X