banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone use the JB and/or Jazz in a Gibson style guitar w/ 250k pots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone use the JB and/or Jazz in a Gibson style guitar w/ 250k pots?

Just curious if anyone used 250k pots with the JB and/or Jazz in a Gibson style guitar, just curiosity really, since they were designed with 300k pots and all.

I'm going to buy a JB bridge for my SG, and being that the bridge of an SG is relatively bright, I'm going to buy a set of 250k pots incase.

Re: Does anyone use the JB and/or Jazz in a Gibson style guitar w/ 250k pots?

Short question between:
    Is it right the on a SG the bridge PU is closer to the bridge which make the bridge pos. brighter?
    RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
    TS 7 (modded)
    Hot Rod 50+ XL
    Framus Dragon 4x12
    V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Re: Does anyone use the JB and/or Jazz in a Gibson style guitar w/ 250k pots?

Originally posted by Marcel
      Short question between:
      Is it right the on a SG the bridge PU is closer to the bridge which make the bridge pos. brighter?
      I can tell you that on my SG the bridge pickup is much closer to where the strings meet the saddles than on my fat strat. The distance between where the saddles meet the strings and the mounting ring starts on my strat is about 150% of the distance between where the saddles meet the strings and where the mounting ring starts.

Comment

Working...
      X