Thinking of using 21 day exchange.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of using 21 day exchange.

I'm starting to have second thoughts on the Distortion I put in my Jackson last week. I'm used to the C5 in my Strat & the DD lacks the thickness & bottom end that the C5 has. The DD is definately a Heavy Metal crunch pup. (kinda thin though) I'm still within the 21 days & I'm thinking since I like the C5 so much, I might as well put it in my Jackson too.

I just don't want it to sound exactly like my strat, but I'm thinking since it's a flying V, there will be some pleasant differences.

Wacha think C5?
    Life's a journey, pack a lunch!.

If it was me I'd get something different since you already have a C5. How about a Pearly Gates or '59?

Comment

i wouldnt characterize the dd as thin usually, but in the wrong axe it could happen. try getting it a little closer to the strings.

the c5 will sound different in the v than in the strat but jolly has a point about trying something else, there are alot of pups out there. personally i love the pg in gibsons

Comment

I think I'll want something more powerful than the Pearly Gates or '59 which only have a DC resistance of 8.5. I'm jamming all weekend with the Distortion so I'll have a better idea of what qualities I'm looking for. (or I might decide to keep the DD...who knows)

If I do the switch, I want to make sure I get something I'm going to keep & not have to switch again. The Screamin' D, JB, & Custom have sparked my interest. But which would go well in a Jackson flying V through a Marshall AVT with a guy that likes Blues, Classic Rock, Hard Rock & Metal?

Comment

You might like the Duncan Custom.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY
            You might like the Duncan Custom.
            Cool, in what qualities would you say the Custom differs from the Distortion?

Thanks...Rob

Comment

I agree with Jolly on the Custom!

Comment

Well, if I replace the Distortion, now I'm leaning towards the JB. I like the Alnico V mag instead of ceramic.

Hmm..JB bridge, Jazz neck. I think that's somebody's favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Budweiser
                  Well, if I replace the Distortion, now I'm leaning towards the JB. I like the Alnico V mag instead of ceramic.

Hmm..JB bridge, Jazz neck. I think that's somebody's favorite.
                  I have a distortion in my ESP lynch model (replaced my demon with that....demon had a nice sound, just not high enough output..so it wasn't focused enough and it was a little on the thin side) and I'm getting rid of it for a JB as well..the tb-4 as a matter of fact! it's on order..so hopefully it'll come in soon and I'll be able to have the darn thing put in..I'm REALLY looking forward to it though! I hear it's great...

anywho, when I have it put in I'll defintly post my thoughts on it..maybe I'll even be able to figure out how to post some clips..lol
                  Splawn QR
                  Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
                  Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
                  George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
                  My Gear Pix
                  My SPLAWN Clips
                  My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Working...
                  X