Back cover plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back cover plate

How difficult/dangerous is it to remove the back cover plate on a Duncan humbucker? My guitar currently has two Duncan humbuckers, and I am replacing them with Alnico II Pros, but the corners of the ears (the flanges where the mounting screws go) of each pickup need to be filed down to fit the construction of the guitar. Since the pickups are all Duncans, I'm considering just switching out the back plates to which those ears are attached -- the current ones are already filed down.

The question is, how difficult is this to do, and is it recommended? Would this procedure alter the tone of the pickups? Is something likely to come unraveled if I do this? I've never done anything like this before.

Re: Back cover plate

It's not that hard to do but there is always the possibility that the pickup could be damaged. It's not likely, but possible. If you could get your hands on a grinder or a Dremel, altering the ears will probably be easier and quicker.

Every once in awhile I have to round the mounting tabs and a Dremel makes quick work of it.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Working...
    X