A Perfect Circle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Perfect Circle.

GUys, I couldn't find the original APC post but was trying to rememebr if anyone had confirmed what pickups he (forget his name) was using in the bridge of his LP?

Thanks.

Re: A Perfect Circle.

It's Billy Howerdel, and I can't seem to find conclusive evidence either way.

EDIT: I'm finding H3+ and H1- now...

Ok, I've found one French site that claims he uses H3+ and H1-, and one HC review that says he uses an H3+. No websites for H2+ or H01-..
    Last edited by italic zero; 05-05-2004, 10:22 AM.
    Originally posted by The Minstrel
    Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

Dedicated to creating the world's finest feeling, playing and sounding electric guitars - since 1984.

Dedicated to creating the world's finest feeling, playing and sounding electric guitars - since 1984.
      Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

I remember another thread asking the same question, and it was undecided there too, lemme see if I can find that thread...
        Last edited by Stratoplayer; 05-05-2004, 12:43 PM.
        Ibanez RG1570: stock
        Squier Strat: stock

Next on the list: an amp that isn't crap!

Comment

Here ya go... Tom Anderson pups

Comment

So Tom says H2+ I guess... H1- is still undisputed as the neck pickup though?
            Originally posted by The Minstrel
            Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

I don't think his tone really has a lot to do with the pups to be honest. He runs a VHT wide open with the Lexicon MPX-G2 effects module. His Les Paul Classics provide the beefy tone to top it all off. I'm pretty sure with an amplifier like his and lots of effects, it covers up the natural tone of the pups to a certain degree.

It would be cool for the heck of it to find out though
              Originally posted by kevlar3000
              I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
              Originally posted by Zerberus
              Better is often the enemy of good
              Originally posted by ginormous
              Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Maybe I'll stick to my Rios and Duncans. One guy in that thread said the Anderson wasn't as 3D as the JB. I can definitely say my BBq is as 3D as the JB but has a fatter bass and slightly less highs giving me a darkand thick tone with my LP so maybe I'll stick with this for a while until I can get my hands on a Duncan Custom or PRS D II.

I thought I read Billy uses a JMP-1.

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul
                  I thought I read Billy uses a JMP-1.
                  He does.

Comment

H3+ bridge, H1- neck, it's in July's Guitar World. I don't know if anyone even cares anymore lol but here it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X