screamin demon in a les paul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screamin demon in a les paul?

anybody ever try a screamin demon in a les paul i may be getting a heritage H-140cm with a 59 in the neck and i thought a sreanin demon might be cool matched with the 59n ?
    Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
    Suhr OD-50
    Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Re: screamin demon in a les paul?

I've got one in my Agile Les Paul copy and it sounds really nice. A little bright, but good nonetheless.

Comment

Brow has one in an Epiphone Les Paul and seems to like it. I've always wanted to try one myself.

Comment

It's pretty good. Jolly would love it actually, it's about vintage output with great clarity for soloing. It's really crunchy, warm, articulate. It falls right in between vintage and modern output.
        Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
        Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
        Originally posted by Sosomething
        "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

how would it compare with a pearly gates?
          Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
          Suhr OD-50
          Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY
            Brow has one in an Epiphone Les Paul and seems to like it. I've always wanted to try one myself.
            That's true, I love the Demon I have in the bridge of my Epi LP Standard.

I wanted something slightly hotter than a PAF, but that still has a vintage 'vibe' to it and crunches nicely with Overdrive and low level Distortion. For me, the Demon fit the bill nicely

Craig

Comment

I would love to try it in a Les Paul...I have it in my super-strat now and it sounds great. People complain that the output is too low but I like that about it...it goes great with my over-the-top-gain Peavey XXX. Very nice pickup although I wish it was slightly more aggressive/tighter like the Distortion.

Comment

Hello! I'm new on here...
                I'm also considering buying a screamin demon for the bridge. Or a Pearly Gates.
                I don't know which. I like a classic rock sound, as I play hard rock with a very droning/driving feel to it. I don't need silly output as my Ashdown Fallen Angel does that for me.
                So, does anyone have a nice varied soundfile of this pickup so I can get more of an idea of it's sound than the SD sound samples? I've already heard Jolly's Pearly Gates clip (the heavy one with drums and everything - well done).
                So Demon clips, and any other PG ones you have lying around. I like clips.
                Thanks!
                - Ed

Comment

Oh, and someone's just pointed out that an Alnico Pro II might be my kind of thing too. What do you think?

Comment

The Demons in my SG's are all about growl and bite with big balls. I have one matched with a '59 neck (I may try a PG in the neck soon). I play through a gain monster of an amp and these pups bring out a huge broad range.

Comment

I had a screamin demon once in the bridge of an sg, and to me it totally lacked mids, it was too trebly, and sounded crap if you played an overdriven powerchord. If you are after a more brittle sound than a creamy sound then it will suit you. I adjusted the pickup height etc and even put it in the neck but even in the neck it sounded to scooped and bassy and not warm enough, that didnt help. I thought for solos it cut through with heaps of high end being peircy. The tone knob just made it muddy, i dont recommend it but if thats your kind of thing go for it. I replaced it with a Dimarzio PAF PRO and i noticed the difference straight away.
                      PRS McCarty (59n, 59b)
                      1990 Fender Strat Japan (SSL-1, SSL-1, APS-1)

Orange Dual Terror Head
                      Blackstar HT-5
                      2 Fender 12" Cabs with Celestion G12H30, Vintage 30
                      Vox Pathfiinder 15R

Comment

Working...
                      X