LP Bridge Humbucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP Bridge Humbucker

I currently have an LP copy with a 59 in the neck. What would be a good match for this.

I don't play metal. I play ACDC etc Classic and hard rock

Re: LP Bridge Humbucker

Originally posted by Ddune9751
    I currently have an LP copy with a 59 in the neck. What would be a good match for this.

I don't play metal. I play ACDC etc Classic and hard rock
    My favorite Duncan is the JB with an honarable mention to the Custom...However, my favorite bridge HB is definetly the Rio Grande BBQ. Big and fat with just the right amount of bite....great for both rhythm and leads.
    :afro:

Comment

Originally posted by AmpliFIRE
      My favorite Duncan is the JB with an honarable mention to the Custom...However, my favorite bridge HB is definetly the Rio Grande BBQ. Big and fat with just the right amount of bite....great for both rhythm and leads.
      How do you think the BBQ in an LP sits in the band mix? I love the BBQ in all my guitars but I am not totally thrilled with it in my LP up to this point. Maybe I need more time with it.

Comment

How does the PG compare with the JB in a LP

Comment

Originally posted by Ddune9751
          I play ACDC etc Classic and hard rock
          Seth Lover.
          I have a Seth Lover / 59n combo in my LP and I love it. The SL has lots of definition and character, with a PAF style tone, but not too bright.
          It has the a2 magnet so it's a little bit agressive, but not compressed sounding, like a high output pickup. It has an "open" sound which is great for classic rock.
          The SL/59n center position is sweet too.
          My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

I love my C5, it has so much versitility.
            Originally posted by The Minstrel
            Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

I got '59s in both positions right now but find the bridge PUP is not quite as responsive as I would like. This weekend I am changing to a JB. I decided on the JB after trying a buddy's guitars, one with a JB in the bridge and the other with a Pearly Gates. I decided the JB ability to pickup even the slightest pinch harmonic was what I was looking for.

Bottom line is tryout the different pickups and choose the one that suits you.
              ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Good advice T G S. Hey dune, ..take a listen to some clips of the 59, JB, PG, and Seth.
                Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Besides the JB I hear the C5 and the Custom are good choices with the 59 in the neck. How do these 2 compare in sound on a lp. The LP tends to be dark. Should there be a bright pickup on the bridge.

Comment

I haven't tried a Custom, but I can compare the C5 and JB. They're both bright enough to warm up a LP. The strengths of the JB are its growly and singing solo tone and the incredible amount of harmonics. I prefer the C5 for cleans and for rhythm. I found the JB to be a bit too harsh clean, and the C5 has more bass, very tight which is great for rhythm. The C5 also has a great singing solo tone, but less harmonics. The harmonics are still great, but pretty much any pickup has less than the JB.
                    Originally posted by The Minstrel
                    Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

why not another 59 in the bridge?
                      Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

59's are great for capturing the straight tone of the instrument. I like JB's for Pauls. If you back off the volume they still maintain that dignified "up your ass" attitude!
                        www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Working...
                        X