hot neck pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot neck pickup?

ok, i've seen alot of guitarists who use hotter neck pickups for when they are shredding in the enck position, mainly vai, petrucci, malmsteen, etc. im wondering what are the advantages of having a hot neck pickup and what pickups would be good for that kinda stuff in a double humbucker guitar. also, what does duncan have to offer for a hot, shredding neck humbucker?

how would a combo like this sound in a les paul?

a Custom for bridge and a Distoriton neck model?

and how are the more popular neck models like the 59, jazz, etc. at shredding?

-Jim

Re: hot neck pickup?

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/
    ok, i've seen alot of guitarists who use hotter neck pickups for when they are shredding in the enck position, mainly vai, petrucci, malmsteen, etc. im wondering what are the advantages of having a hot neck pickup and what pickups would be good for that kinda stuff in a double humbucker guitar. also, what does duncan have to offer for a hot, shredding neck humbucker?

how would a combo like this sound in a les paul?

a Custom for bridge and a Distoriton neck model?

and how are the more popular neck models like the 59, jazz, etc. at shredding?

-Jim
    I want to know this too? like dave mustaine uses a JB in the neck? and the wolfgang neck pup is high output? the dimarzio breed neck is hot?
    at least hotter than a gibson 50's pup

i am looking into the jazz for shredding but wonder if i should go for the bridge one for a hotter output?

Comment

umm.. mustaine uses the JB/jazz combo for all i know and the JB aint in the neck.. but i can point at someone that uses the JB in the neck *points to Zerberus* he can tel you exactly what it's like to have it in the neck =)

i like my '59n as it is now and i aint changing it for anything else

Comment

does anyone here use as hot neck pickup besides Zerb?

how is the DD in neck?

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
          umm.. mustaine uses the JB/jazz combo for all i know and the JB aint in the neck.. but i can point at someone that uses the JB in the neck *points to Zerberus* he can tel you exactly what it's like to have it in the neck =)

i like my '59n as it is now and i aint changing it for anything else
          he used a JB on both spots on his original jackson V

i think now he switched to the jazz with the ESP V?

Comment

yes, he has got a jazz in his esp v .. at least in the signature series it is

Comment

HRb-CR-HRn

<-----------------

Actually, I kinda have the pups balanced for output. I rely on other means of boosting the sound for leads. Mainly 'cause I like to play lead in other positions than the bridge.
              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
              https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat
                HRb-CR-HRn

<-----------------

Actually, I kinda have the pups balanced for output. I rely on other means of boosting the sound for leads. Mainly 'cause I like to play lead in other positions than the bridge.
                i gotta try that next time i play at church, if they let me play a lead then i'll bust out some insane shred lead!!!!

Comment

What about a Demon? I want to hear a clip of a Demon neck sooo much cause it sounds like a great idea to me... I know SOMEONE around here has it, give up the clips! lol
                  Ibanez RG1570: stock
                  Squier Strat: stock

Next on the list: an amp that isn't crap!

Comment

Originally posted by Stratoplayer
                    What about a Demon? I want to hear a clip of a Demon neck sooo much cause it sounds like a great idea to me... I know SOMEONE around here has it, give up the clips! lol
                    well, unfortunately WarrenLeeLynch had some.

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/
                      well, unfortunately WarrenLeeLynch had some.
                      We miss ya Warren, wherever you are
                      Ibanez RG1570: stock
                      Squier Strat: stock

Next on the list: an amp that isn't crap!

Comment

I have a DD in the neck of my SG, I love it. There's a dime in the bridge of that guitar, and I probably prefer the DD, especially when I use my wah pedal. I would compare the Dime to lightning, but the DD to thunder. The Dime strikes sharp and fast and hot, but the DD is big and strong and has hours of sustain.

Comment

Working...
                        X