JB in the neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB in the neck?

what does it sound like and will it balance with a custom in the bridge?
    i dont want the neck tone to be too syrupy loose,but i want it to be tight fat and still have some single coil bite if that makes sense

Re: JB in the neck?

I'm trying to get my hands on one, soon...

It seems like it would have a decent clean sound, since the sound in the bridge is so bloody amazing.
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Originally posted by korovamilkdud
      I'm trying to get my hands on one, soon...

It seems like it would have a decent clean sound, since the sound in the bridge is so bloody amazing.
      thats what i was thinking everyone says to try a jazz, but i want more fat to the tone in the neck like a air norton type of thing and the jb might be good?

Comment

I play a JB in the neck and its terrific. I have a JB jr in the neck of my strat, and actually a buddy of mine used to play his custom guitars with a custom in the bridge and JB in the neck. (mostly thrash/metal) It sounds awesome. Great harmonics, great sustain, just a beatiful sounding pick up. It sounds great clean too, although it can be a bit loud (cause its calibrated for the bridge) But you can mitigate this by either lowering the pick up or just lowering the volume a bit. Its not a big deal to me. I also have the adjustable pole pieces toward the bridge side instead of the neck side. I did this mainly because I didn't want the Duncan logo upside down, but I think someone here said that kind of helps lower the output a bit too. I'd recommend trying it, I think you'll like it.

Comment

from zerb..
          the JB in the neck will sound quite oposite as it does in the bridge.. dark, smooth and a lot fatter. when split it does that good ol' strat tone very well. you'll have to lower it to balance it out with the custom bridge...

not a word by word quote but it's close =)

Comment

looks like it would sound great!
            i gotta try that someday.

Comment

It sounds huge for those who like that tone.
              Way too fat for me. I like more articulation in the neck.
              My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Working...
              X