Please help me decide on a Pickup !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me decide on a Pickup !

I`m gonna purchase another Highway 1 Strat with a rosewood neck and I might want to stick with the 250k vol. pot but I`m gonna do away with the tone pots. I want a humbucker for a nice fat tight sound,moderate to heavy mids and bass but not shrill highs , here`s what I`m trying to decide on in the bridge.
    Custom
    Custom 5
    CC/59 Hybrid w/A5 mag
    JB
    I`d like to stick with the 250k vol. pot but if it must go it`s no big deal , oh I`m gonna tune the guitar a 1/2 step down and use 9 gauge strings if that matters! Oh last thing ,`ll be using a Keeley modded Boss SD-1 through my Soldano Atomic 16!
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Re: Please help me decide on a Pickup !

Bump de Bump de Bump
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

I forget who says it, I think it's JOLLY, "a 250k pot for a humbucker is like putting a blanket over your microphone." Gotta say I have to agree. Get a 500k pot and slap a C5 in there. That's my vote.
      Ibanez RG1570: stock
      Squier Strat: stock

Next on the list: an amp that isn't crap!

Comment

I haven't tried a C5 in a strat... maybe a CC would be better to fill out the mids?
        Originally posted by The Minstrel
        Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

Working...
        X