Identify "supposed" JB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify "supposed" JB

Hi guys, new poster here. I just bought a JB on line from Harmony Central classifieds. It is missing the usual "Seymour Duncan" white lettering. The backplate has the correct logo engraved on it, and a little white sticker that says JBJ. Did I get burned? Is this maybe a "Designed by Duncan" p'up, or did someone just put a Duncan backplate on a generic p'up? Haven't contacted the seller yet, wanted to get some expert advice first. Thanks guys.

Welcome to the forum!
    It's a Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB Model as you supposed. Some don't have the Logo on the front but don't ask me why.... and it is easy to rip off the logo. Maybe there used to be the logo.

Marcel
    RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
    TS 7 (modded)
    Hot Rod 50+ XL
    Framus Dragon 4x12
    V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Thanks much. Can't wait to see what this thing sounds like in my Agile. Overall I think the Agile is a little dark, I'm hoping the JB will brighten it up a bit. Thanks again for your quick reply!

Comment

yeah i think
        JB is a great pup!!
        RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
        TS 7 (modded)
        Hot Rod 50+ XL
        Framus Dragon 4x12
        V-AMP II for practice

Comment

The newer Duncan's have the logo, the older ones don't. If it works and sounds good, that's all that matters . ( Unless ya got ripped on the price )
          Only The Strong Survive

Comment

You have a JB. I was just looking at mine the other day and it's exactly the same way.

Comment

Working...
            X