Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio Evolution bridge position??

Does anyone own one of these pickups?

I was thinking about getting one of these for my bridge pickup. I was wondering how long these pickups can sustain and also, how are the tapping and harmonics with these pickups?

Someone stated that my guitar was not setup properly and can someone tell me what intonation, neck relief on the guitar strings, will do exactly for my guitar?

neck relief, im guessing, will give me more sustain because it will allow the strings to vibrate freely. intonation will provide easier harmonics?

Thanks.

Re: Dimarzio Evolution bridge position??

i use to have an evo bridge in my charvel. it's really, really, really hot!
    your playing has to at its best for these pickupss to work really good. they show every little mistake you make, which can be a good or bad thing.
    it's good if your out gigging since there is no problem hearing yourself.

Comment

yeah they are pretty hot and if your technique sucks then your sound will suck. but if you have a good technique then you will blow people away!
      Down at the edge, close by a river.
      Close to the edge, round by the corner.
      Close to the end, down by the corner.
      Down at the edge, round by the river.

Comment

Playing with an Evo in the bridge is like riding a wild horse. You'll sound like a guitar hero or a wannabee, depending on whether you can ride that horse -because if you can't the horse will ride you.

I have an Evo in the bridge of my Iceman which came with some really cheesy Ibanez "powersound" pickups. Now that guitar screams tone and harmonics. I put a FRED in the neck which balances quite well. The FRED pickup has a lot of personality too.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments on these pickups. I will definitely take it to heart.

Can someone answer this portion of my Qs???

" can someone tell me what intonation, neck relief on the guitar strings, will do exactly for my guitar?"

Thanks a mill.....

OH, and also I found out that my setup was fine except maybe the nut is causing the lack of sustain and the others because its plastic and its cut too deep though there is only a slight buzz. Could this contribute to the negative effects stated above?

Comment

Working...
          X