Seth Lover and 59n in Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seth Lover and 59n in Les Paul

Sometimes the Seth Lover has an edge that reminds me of a single coil pickup.. this is a clip I did with my LP and the Seth Lover/59n combo, and the SL reminds me of my tele a bit. I recently got this 59n nickel covered pickup from Lew and it's kewl I think I like the 59n in my teles slighty more though.. I have a phat cat stack on the way too, from the custom shop.. hehe.. can't wait! The 59n may go in a tele if the PC works for the LP (hey that sorta rhymes )
    http://www.soundclick.com/util/Downl...cfm?ID=1207535
    My Duncan demos and songs

Re: Seth Lover and 59n in Les Paul

Originally posted by Stevo
    Sometimes the Seth Lover has an edge that reminds me of a single coil pickup.. this is a clip I did with my LP and the Seth Lover/59n combo, and the SL reminds me of my tele a bit. I recently got this 59n nickel covered pickup from Lew and it's kewl I think I like the 59n in my teles slighty more though.. I have a phat cat stack on the way too, from the custom shop.. hehe.. can't wait! The 59n may go in a tele if the PC works for the LP (hey that sorta rhymes )
    http://www.soundclick.com/util/Downl...cfm?ID=1207535
    Hello buddy..How about a tonal comparison in words between the Seth and the 59...I've still not tryed the Seth or the Antiquity humbucker but both seem like something I'd like..Especially the Antiquity!

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Hey stevo that was a cool little clip. and it did sound like a single coil
      Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
      The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Thanks guys. I purposely made this tone a little bright and used low gain.

John - the 59b is even brighter with less honk in the midrange. I like the 59 too, but the SL seems to punch the mids out there a little more, and it's still slightly warmer, maybe due partially to the nickel cover. The 59 is very open and I have nothing negative to say about it, that's for sure
        My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Working...
        X