Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome Covers..... not nickel covers

Hi

I remember seeing someone selling a set of Duncan chrome covered humbuckers (as opposed to nickel). I sent John at Blackrose an email and he said that you can't custom order chrome covers.

Is this really true? Can whoever was selling those pickups tell me where you got them covered? I'd much rather invest in chrome pickups since I hate the way nickel covers tarnish.

Thanks.
    There's nothing quite as satisfying as a dancing banana...

Re: Chrome Covers..... not nickel covers

Originally posted by darkshadow54321
    Hi

I remember seeing someone selling a set of Duncan chrome covered humbuckers (as opposed to nickel). I sent John at Blackrose an email and he said that you can't custom order chrome covers.

Is this really true? Can whoever was selling those pickups tell me where you got them covered? I'd much rather invest in chrome pickups since I hate the way nickel covers tarnish.

Thanks.
    Did you check with Lew on the subject? Guitar Heaven also sells covers and I think they do have both nickel and the chrome ones... gtrheaven.com

Check with Lew first though...

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by darkshadow54321
      Hi

Thanks.
      Hi. That was me. I have a set of chrome covered pickups ('59n and C5 bridge) from the Duncan Custom Shop personally wound by MJ herself. I got them to match the chrome hardware (NOT nickel hardware) on my '91 Gibson SG standard.

This particular guitar is a very rare candy apple red, and it looks real sharp. I did not want to change the look of the guitar so I bellied up, spent the cash and waited two months to get the pickups. It looks HOT.

I am keeping the '59n, but after a while came to realize that I am not a C5 fan. I like pickups with a lot more midrange. People here love the C5, but it's really not for me. I personally much prefer a JB or similar type pickup.

I still have the pickup, perfect condition, box, Seymour's autograph, the whole shebang. If you are interested email me and we'll talk.

Peace!

Marc

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
      buggjuice.net
      MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

How much for the c5????????
        My bands links:

PEDL
        www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
        www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK