Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piëzo questions

Hey guys,

I wanted to get a new piëzo for a solid body axe, but I know fairly little about which piëzos are good or bad. I know what a piëzo does, I know where it goes, and I know how it works, I just don't know how a luthier (for example) installs them. Does he drill in some extra holes? I'll have an empty slot for the tone pot I won't be using, so would it be possible to get the piëzo switch there?

I also wanted to know where to get these things, how much the good ones normally cost, and how to decide whether a piëzo is good or not. Preferably internet-stores who're willing to ship worldwide, or Europe at least.

Thanks
    Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
    Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
    Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
    Marshall 2x12 Vintage
    Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Re: Piëzo questions

Originally posted by Neeradj
    Hey guys,

I wanted to get a new piëzo for a solid body axe, but I know fairly little about which piëzos are good or bad. I know what a piëzo does, I know where it goes, and I know how it works, I just don't know how a luthier (for example) installs them. Does he drill in some extra holes? I'll have an empty slot for the tone pot I won't be using, so would it be possible to get the piëzo switch there?

I also wanted to know where to get these things, how much the good ones normally cost, and how to decide whether a piëzo is good or not. Preferably internet-stores who're willing to ship worldwide, or Europe at least.

Thanks
    Fishman PowerBridge is 189.00 I think on musicians friend. My friends sounds pretty good. Kinda reminds me of an acoustic with really thin strings with the sound hole covered. Dont know how they're installed, but they come with instructions.

Comment

Re: Piëzo questions

the graphtec ghost is system if great
      get the onboard built in preamp system - it needs it
      then any volume pot will be the volume for the piezo
      without another witch to select mag/both/piezo, then you'l have to use the volume to turn the piezp from 0 to full voluem
      so maybe an extra hole for the mini-switch, otherwise, its fine with just hte volume pot
      Custom Guitar Builder - PM me if you're interested.
      Check out the new website and see the progress of felow forumites' guitars
      www.gaugeguitars.com
      Cheers!

Comment

Working...
      X