No announcement yet.

Shecter C-1 Plus pickup replacements???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shecter C-1 Plus pickup replacements???

I have a Schecter C-1 Plus witha mohagony body/ flame maple top, maple neck thru and rosewood fingerboard with trembucker spacing on the strings however I have yet to use a trembucker spaced pickup other than the stock Duncan designed). I have tried the JB (too bright) the screamin demon (ok but too blah/ nice bass but kinda like cardboard) The Distortion sh-6 is in the guitar now and seems to be the best so far but a little too much gain and thin on leads. I have what I think is a custom custom ready to try next but I am not sure (the back of the pickup says ccj ???) I am thinking about trying that one next and maybe a tb3 Blues Saraceno that I have in an Ibanez/floyd setup. I dont like enormous gain from the pickup but not too weak either. The JB had a good amount of gain but not too much although it sounded thin and bright in this guitar. Does anyone have any advise on this pickuop dilema????????????????????? Maybe custom 5 or 59??

I play a Mesa Dual Rectifier (2 channel 1999)
    Tuned to D with drop C TNT GHS strings (10s on the high strings 11s on the low)
    Schecter C-1 Plus
    (Music is heavy/alternative/industrial/metal/ and some covers (Deftones/System of a down/Perfect Circle/static x/ Rammstein/ Queens of the ston age/ STP etc.
    My bands links:

PEDL
    www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
    www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
    www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Re: Shecter C-1 Plus pickup replacements???

I put an EMG set in mine (see my sig). And I like it, but now I tire of the EMG pickups. I think the pickups I liked the most in that guitar were a '59 neck and a Distortion bridge. I had a JB in there once too and I didn't like it so much. It wasn't crunchy enough for me.

If the Distortion isn't your cup of tea, try out A Custom or Custom 5 for the bridge, it's almost middle ground between the JB and Distortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
      I put an EMG set in mine (see my sig). And I like it, but now I tire of the EMG pickups. I think the pickups I liked the most in that guitar were a '59 neck and a Distortion bridge. I had a JB in there once too and I didn't like it so much. It wasn't crunchy enough for me.

If the Distortion isn't your cup of tea, try out A Custom or Custom 5 for the bridge, it's almost middle ground between the JB and Distortion.
      Xeromus,
      Tone, of course, is the ultimate goal in my quest, but I also enjoy cosmetics. When you took the included DD HB's out, were those covers part of the pups, or covers? If so, can they be used to cover SD pup's. I have a thread posted that starts of "HELP..." If you wouldnt mind reading that and giving your input to the C-1 Plus, I would certainly appreciate it!
      Last edited by gordon_39422; 05-09-2004, 05:33 PM.
      ~ Life In Every Breath~

www.gordonsgroovyguitars.com

Comment

The pickups in it are modeled after a Dist neck ans a JB bridge.

Comment

The distortion designed pickup was in the bridge but I am not sure what is the neck but it sounds pretty good and I may keep it.
          My bands links:

PEDL

TREBLE BLEED

KLINK

Comment

Originally posted by gordon_39422
            Xeromus,
            Tone, of course, is the ultimate goal in my quest, but I also enjoy cosmetics. When you took the included DD HB's out, were those covers part of the pups, or covers? If so, can they be used to cover SD pup's. I have a thread posted that starts of "HELP..." If you wouldnt mind reading that and giving your input to the C-1 Plus, I would certainly appreciate it!
            They were very much part of the pickups, they could of course be removed anyway, BUT, in case you haven't noticed, all of the Duncan Designed pickups made for the bridge postion are trem spaced. I assume this was done to keep production costs down for the Duncan Designed pickups. They are 2nd rate to begin with and simply badged the way they are to help sell foreign instruments. But they aren't so bad either. Not horrible but not good. Anyway, so yeah, if you look at any guitars like new C-1's and such, you'll noticed that the pole pieces don't match up to the strings because of the spacing. Of course this will work fine on guitars with floyd's and fender style bridges, but not those with tune o matic style.

I used to like covers. Then I got over it. I like the open pickups better now.

Comment

What would be a good neck pickup for the schecter c-1 plus??
              My bands links:

PEDL

TREBLE BLEED

KLINK

Comment

Originally posted by KLINKDETROIT
                What would be a good neck pickup for the schecter c-1 plus??
                Jazz or '59. I like the jazz better

Comment

Thanx. What are the differences in the 59/jazz? If I bought a 59 for the bridge is it the same model for the neck or is there a special neck pickup model for 59?
                  My bands links:

PEDL

TREBLE BLEED

KLINK

Comment

Does the c-5 have annoying highs? I have a bright schecter guitar for being mohagony and a dual rectifier that sounds annoying on the highs anyway. I have to turn the highs around 3/4 to tone it down. I have no tone pot on the guitar due to it taking away from the overall sound of my setup.
                    My bands links:

PEDL

TREBLE BLEED

KLINK

Comment

Yoo hooo?? Anyone have any input?????????
                      My bands links:

PEDL

TREBLE BLEED

KLINK

Comment

word on the street is that standard spaced humbuckers work better on a guitar with a tune o matic / tone pro style bridge. Someone with the same model of guitar that you have told me he couldn't be happier with the standards spaced humbuckers.

Comment

Originally posted by KLINKDETROIT
                          Thanx. What are the differences in the 59/jazz? If I bought a 59 for the bridge is it the same model for the neck or is there a special neck pickup model for 59?
                          basically the jazz is a little brighter, more trebly, good if you don't like mud neck pickups, it's pretty rockin' too. I like it a lot.

'59 is a vintage smooth sounding pickup, and bassier.

Comment

Thanx
                            My bands links:

PEDL

TREBLE BLEED

KLINK

Comment

Working...
                            X