banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a JB and a Distortion ... what guitars should I put them in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a JB and a Distortion ... what guitars should I put them in?

Last week I was trying to decide between the two ... well, I couldn't make up my mind so I'm getting both.

I've got the Distortion already and the JB should be here shortly.

So, which guitar should I put them in? I've got a Warmoth alder strat, Warmoth walnut strat, and a Agile Les Paul copy. I think my EVH is going to go in the alder strat, so that leaves me with the Paul and the walnut strat. Where would you put the JB and why?

BTW, I'll be playing through a plexi.

Re: Got a JB and a Distortion ... what guitars should I put them in?

I'd put the JB in the heaviest sounding guitar (probably the Agile LP) and the DD in the brightest guitar. The DD has more bass than the JB (or at least more pronounced) so that's why.
    But I'm only assuming and guessing here so I might not be a great help sorry.

Btw how's the new Descendents album sounding? Is it as good as 'Everything sucks'?

Comment

I tried the JB, Demon and Distortion in a Schecter C-1 Plus and prefer the distortion but I think its too gainy. Anything similar to the distortion with less gain and more airy feel?? I am using a 2 channel Mesa Dual rectifier amp Modded by Voodoo amps that has a different (less) gain preamp section.
      My bands links:

PEDL
      www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
      www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
      www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

Originally posted by KLINKDETROIT
        I tried the JB, Demon and Distortion in a Schecter C-1 Plus and prefer the distortion but I think its too gainy. Anything similar to the distortion with less gain and more airy feel?? I am using a 2 channel Mesa Dual rectifier amp Modded by Voodoo amps that has a different (less) gain preamp section.
        Sounds like a Custom or C5!
        Originally posted by The Minstrel
        Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

I agree.. The JB has a prounouced Mid Range bite or treble bite to me.. The DD is my favorite Duncan pickup.. I've heard that thing in numerous guitars and it just sounds good in about anything.. but it especialy sounds good in a mohogany maple capped guitar like a LP or my old Kramer Mahogany Neck thru USA guitar.. etc..

Tim

Originally posted by Nightburst
          I'd put the JB in the heaviest sounding guitar (probably the Agile LP) and the DD in the brightest guitar. The DD has more bass than the JB (or at least more pronounced) so that's why.
          But I'm only assuming and guessing here so I might not be a great help sorry.

Btw how's the new Descendents album sounding? Is it as good as 'Everything sucks'?
          Tim..

Comment

Originally posted by Nightburst
            the new Descendents album sounding? Is it as good as 'Everything sucks'?
            I love it! The production is much better and I actually like the songs more ... I wasn't expecting that. Bill's writting style has a really jazzy feeling to it now.

Sounds like I'll start the JB off in my LP!

Comment

The LP would be the best thing for the JB- it's a darker guitar, and (hopefully) has 300K pots that would be perfect for it. Go fot it!
              Carvin SC90 (Jazz neck, CC bridge)
              Fender Aerodyne Telecaster (stock pups: tele bridge and p-90 neck)
              Ampeg Reverberocket combo

http://emayhem.com/toptenidols
              http://emayhem.com/the_fords
              (note: these songs were not recorded using the gear mentioned above...)

Comment

Id put the JB in the les paul style guitar. Then the DD in the other one.

The JB does excellent things with heavier guitars...mmmmm
                My Soundclick page.

Comment

Working...
                X