Would this work...[PIC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this work...[PIC]

Would this allow me to have on/off switches for my humbuckers, have 2 volumes, 1 tone, no pickup switch and allow me to split both humbuckers?

Sure it will work. But in my opinion this kind of sistems aren't too comfortable because you need two selections to move from one pickup to another.

As a variation of this wiring you could just have a master volume and a master tone with two push/pull switches for coil spliting (one for each pickup) and the regular pickup selector.

Comment

Grounding the #1 terminals of the dpdt is not a good idea either. If you do that, the guitar will be off when either pickup is in the off position and the volume pot is on 10.
      www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
      www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Edit: Ignore this drawing. Its wrong! I'm leaving it posted, however, because it led me to discover one of SD's drawings thats also wrong:

2 Humbuckers, 2 Vol, 1 Tone, 3-way

I'll elaborate on this in another thread.
        (Ignore the post below.)
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Holydirt; You made your schematic more complicated than it needs to be, and would suffer from the problems that Robert mentioned. Try this instead:

Here's a close-up of the pot wiring:

Also, you had your tone control wired wrong. You only need two terminals on a tone control.

This way, one switch, won't kill both p'ups. And your bottom switch was backwards. The ground needs to be on the bottom to have them split when pushed.

Artie
        Last edited by ArtieToo; 03-20-2004, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
          Edit: Ignore this drawing. Its wrong! I'm leaving it posted, however, because it led me to discover one of SD's drawings thats also wrong:

2 Humbuckers, 2 Vol, 1 Tone, 3-way

I'll elaborate on this in another thread.
          (Ignore the post below.)
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Holydirt; You made your schematic more complicated than it needs to be, and would suffer from the problems that Robert mentioned. Try this instead:

Here's a close-up of the pot wiring:

Also, you had your tone control wired wrong. You only need two terminals on a tone control.

This way, one switch, won't kill both p'ups. And your bottom switch was backwards. The ground needs to be on the bottom to have them split when pushed.

Artie
          thanks for putting so much time to help me all, its much appreciated

Comment

Why not use a STew Mac Mega switch and save yourself the head ache??

Comment

Originally posted by walt
              Why not use a STew Mac Mega switch and save yourself the head ache??
              i'm not gonna cut a bigger hole in my prs

Comment

Originally posted by HolyDirt
                i'm not gonna cut a bigger hole in my prs
                Sorry, I just read the last couple of post on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                X