Just installed set of Antiquity's in my Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just installed set of Antiquity's in my Strat

I just finished installing some new Antiquity single coil pickups in my American Standard Strat. The sound is definitely vintage 50's Strat, and very smooth. I've tried a few different sc's in my other Strat, but these are the best sounding I've used to date. While I had the pickguard off I also did the SD Treble-Bleed mod and replaced the bottom tone-pot with a Blender Pot which allows me to mix some of the neck pickup's signal into the bridge pickup's sound to add a little more bass and fullness to the bridge's signal. I really like this feature that makes the Strat that much more versatile.
    I used an Orange Drop .022uf capacitor on the tone-pot, and used a 100k resistor in parallel with a .02uf capacitor for the treble-bleed mod.
    Bottom line? I'm very happy with this set of pickups, and don't think I'll be needing to swap 'em out in my lifetime.

Re: Just installed set of Antiquity's in my Strat

Originally posted by midnite_man
    and don't think I'll be needing to swap 'em out in my lifetime.
    Yes, Antiquities will do that to you. That's just the way I feel about the Antiquity Humbuckers in my SG. Congratulations.
    John Cipollina August 24, 1943 - May 29, 1989

Comment

I just finished installing some new Antiquity single coil pickups in my American Standard Strat. The sound is definitely vintage 50's Strat, and very smooth. I've tried a few different sc's in my other Strat, but these are the best sounding I've used to date. While I had the pickguard off I also did the SD Treble-Bleed mod and replaced the bottom tone-pot with a Blender Pot which allows me to mix some of the neck pickup's signal into the bridge pickup's sound to add a little more bass and fullness to the bridge's signal. I really like this feature that makes the Strat that much more versatile.
      I used an Orange Drop .022uf capacitor on the tone-pot, and used a 100k resistor in parallel with a .02uf capacitor for the treble-bleed mod.
      Bottom line? I'm very happy with this set of pickups, and don't think I'll be needing to swap 'em out in my lifetime.
      Rock on brother with your new guitar...Absolutely proud of you Bob...Glad to hear it..Make some inspiring music with it...

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

OK, Bob...Quit Braggin' and come fix my Strat LOL !!!!
        Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Originally posted by 59paul
          I'll fix it for one of your Pauly's....lol

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
            Rock on brother with your new guitar...Absolutely proud of you Bob...Glad to hear it..Make some inspiring music with it...

John
            Thanks, John.
            That pickup set is pure magic, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by 59paul
              Just send the Strat and Pauly to me in a big box....I'll do the rest....bwahahahahah!!

Comment

OK, Bro !!! Lookin for BIG box............................LOL
                Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Welcome to the Antiquity Club!

good job, Bob
                  "music heals"
                  facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
                    Welcome to the Antiquity Club!

good job, Bob
                    thanks, buddy!

Comment

Thanks, John.
                      That pickup set is pure magic, isn't it?
                      Oh heck yeah Bob!

John
                      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

glad you like them!! im assuming from your descriptions you got the texas hots, great pups they are becoming my favorite strat pups for blues but i stil really like my aps2/aps2/twangbanger setup as well.

has anybody tried the antiquity II set? i have one on order and im very curious as to how they will sound!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
                          has anybody tried the antiquity II set? i have one on order and im very curious as to how they will sound!!
                          You're blazing new trail, jeremy!

I asked about these a long time ago, and didn't get much response, and the few other threads I've seen were about the same.
                          "music heals"
                          facebook

Comment

i saw the same stuff so i figure i might as well be the one that does it since rob and scott tend to play other things than strats most of the time and i tend to play strats. that and i have a 62 jazzmaster neck that needs a good guitar around it

Comment

Yes Jeremy, I installed a Texas Hot in the neck, a Texas Hot RWRP in the middle, and a Texas Hot Custom in the bridge. I'm really liking having that blender-pot in there, too! I can dial in just the right amount of bridge tone into the neck pup's sound, or the other way around. Very handy tool to use.
                              I played the Strat quite a bit yesterday and got a pretty good feel for the new pickups, and just get more amazed as I play. I can only imagine what the Antiquity humbuckers sound like in a guitar like a Les Paul.

Comment

Working...
                              X