wiring diagram needed- 2 humbuckers, 2 vol., 2 tone, and a 3 way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring diagram needed- 2 humbuckers, 2 vol., 2 tone, and a 3 way

any help? i'm trying to change out the stock p'ups in my lp w/ a jazz neck and a fillmore bridge. the fillmore is a 2 conductor(red, black, and a bare wire(the bare and black wires are soldered together)), and i'm not sure about the jazz yet...i haven't looked. i'd like to do it 50's style, but the caps' wires won't reach between the vol. and tone pots.
    thanks alot.

Re: wiring diagram needed- 2 humbuckers, 2 vol., 2 tone, and a 3 way

The first (humb) is how to wire it if you don't want to be able to turn one pickup to 0 in the middle position and still get a signal from the other pickup. In order to be able to turn a pickup to zero in the middle position and still get a signal from the other, use the second diagram (humbind).

Comment

Yeah, look on this site under Support and click on schematics. They have all the diagrams.
      Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSteve
        Yeah, look on this site under Support and click on schematics. They have all the diagrams.
        look again...there's no schematic for the options i listed....2 vol, 2 tone 2 hums, and a 3 way....and that's probably the most common.

Comment

thanks wasteofo2

Comment

Wow! Sorry 'bout that Soundscape. I can't believe that classic LP setup isn't on there. Maybe they'll see your thread and post the diagram.
            Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

They have it listed, they just show it with a split. Just take that out of the mix and you have your schematic. (tape off the red and white wires, like they show for the neck humbucker)

Comment

They actually have a regular old LP schematic listed (it's the one I modified for my two diagrams), but they show it using the method where you have the cap going from the volume pot to the tone pot, and he said that his caps couldn't reach it.

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Comment

yeah, i guess i'll just have to order new caps(and pots while i'm at it), and do the fifties wiring later on. fortuneatly the guitar was already wired the way the second schem. you posted showed, so that'll make a little easier on me. i'm still pretty new to using a soldering iron.
                  thanks again

Comment

No problemo hombre

Comment

PM about how that fillmore sounds man
                      http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
                      >cord<
                      1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

damn flank...you got some nice gear for a 16 year old. i'm jealous! i'll pm you about the fillmore after i get to test it out for a bit.

Comment

it was pretty frustrating, but i finally got the pickup installed. i'm pretty sure my connections are good and i know it's wired right, but there's no sound. i guess i'll just have to pay to have someone do it. what size caps should i have him use?

Comment

Working...
                          X