Praise: Alnico II Pro (N)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise: Alnico II Pro (N)

Dear friends, I’ve just had the Alnico II Pro (N) installed in my Ibanez SZ & it simply sings!

I have until recently paid due attention to lower ourput pickups simply because I was of the opinion that they can’t deliver modern tones under lots of gain. It doesn’t change my expectations too much but I was impressed by its smooth midrange. If you detest that typical ‘wooly’ neck tone then you might not like this humbucker, on this note, it’s not too different from the ’59 either. The differentiating factor here is that of transparency. While the ’59 thrives in the neck of accoustically impressive solid bodies, I believe that the AIIP would boost bland accoustics.

Watch your EQ too, excessive bass inputs would drive this one muddy. If you aren’t a fan of the modern, ‘tempered’ tone & prefers to let your guitar’s inherent resonance colour your pickup’s tone, then the APII would oblige.
    Last edited by bloodswords; 05-10-2004, 04:32 AM.
    Psychic Horns

Re: Praise: Alnico II Pro (N)

If they're good enough for Slash and his tones, then I guess they're good enough for a lot of other folks that play in that style. I do not. But I do like the tone they give me for the classic rock and blues that I play. Combine that with a Custom Custom in the bridge and you've got a winner.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

slash is a reputable player & the affiliations to this pickup is inevitable. however, my AIIP acquisition had zilch Slash consideration...

Scott: i think you have ESP- the AIIP's sparring partner is a CC (B)... the output balance of these 2 humbuckers is superb!
      Psychic Horns

Comment

Originally posted by bloodswords
        slash is a reputable player & the affiliations to this pickup is inevitable. however, my AIIP acquisition had zilch Slash consideration...

Scott: i think you have ESP- the AIIP's sparring partner is a CC (B)... the output balance of these 2 humbuckers is superb!
        I My Les Pauls, I actually prefer a 59 bridge with the AP2 neck. YMMV.

AP2 is my fav Seymour neck model. I love the Richard Betts tone, and that does it for me.
        Playing:
        Thorn, PRS and Kauer Guitars
        Marshall, Greer amps, Metroamp Home Builds
        Duncan Favorites: SM3, 59's, Sat Night Specials....
        Scumback Speakers, V Picks and various other sundries

Comment

Working...
        X