DiMarzio's site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiMarzio's site

i just visited the dimarzio site and it has been redesigned...i must say it is quite impressive in the new layout but still NO forum.

Re: DiMarzio's site

Looks pretty cool but the old one was a little faster to navigate without all the moving animated pages.

I also can't find the master pickup list anymore with pickups like the Megadrive and so forth.

I emailed them about the forum too....we'll see what they say.

Comment

Just got a reply from them....**** only took like 2 hours...they said "We're also considering sponsoring a forum. Stay tuned."

Their master pickup list is here now for the time being until they get another one setup:

Comment

they still nead clips of everything and they also nead pics of everything and a forum. then it will be complete.
        Down at the edge, close by a river.
        Close to the edge, round by the corner.
        Close to the end, down by the corner.
        Down at the edge, round by the river.

Comment

Originally posted by yes-fan
          they still nead clips of everything and they also nead pics of everything and a forum. then it will be complete.
          click on a pickup, then click "soundbytes", then click play.

Comment

They're still missing alot of clips and stuff but yeah, hopefully they'll get there.

Comment

The navigation is a lot quicker if you click on the arrow (wedge) symbol instead of using the back button or your backspace key. Took me a while to figure that out too.

The site looks real nice now. Hope they get clips and photos for all the pickups now.

Comment

looks more modern but i miss the FAQ section? did i overlook it?
                they used to have a very informative FAQ and technical section?
                they really do need a forum i am sure the duncan purist here will be doin cart wheels when they no longer have to see what dimazio threads

Comment

dudes, the dimarzio site is and was always quite plain in my opinion. If they could do something like our precious SD site, they might be a little better in my eyes. Which is not to say they dont make some good pups, even though I've never tried them if Vai, Satch, and Yngwie use them they have to be good
                  • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                  • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                  • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                  • G&L Tribute Comanche
                  • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                  • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                  • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Hey, I have four guitars with DiMarzios and three with Duncans with one more Duncan set on the way. They both make fantastic pups. I'll always be grateful for Seymour allowing us to discuss ALL pickups on this site. But its time that DiMarzio hosted their own site for their own pickups.

Long live the pickup rivalry, because from that we get lots of variety and lots of TONE!

Comment

I happen to like dimarzio some of them at least but in the back of my mind i keep hearing that little voice that say's
                      duncans are made better,sound more organic and are favored over others more than any other pup company?
                      i mean look at all the guitar companies that offer duncans stock!
                      then find the ones that offer dimarzio's stock you got parker,ibanez, uh help me out here

duncans are on a lot more? why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by RG 2570
                        Prolly has something to do with manufacturs using the pickups that help them sell guitars. Just a guess.

- JGZ
                        "I got news for you, this guy killed 16 Czechoslovakians *and* he's an interior decorator!"

Comment

If you trust your own ears then you don't need to worry about which guitar company uses what pickups or what famous person endorses what pickup.

To my ears, both DiMarzio and Duncan make some wonderful pickups. Whatever works best for you and sounds best to you is what you should play. BTW, there are some other very fine pickups not made by either of these companies, like Bill Lawrence, EMG, Kinnman, Rio Grande, Lindy Fralin, Evans, PRS, etc.......
                          Last edited by Truthsayer; 05-12-2004, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RG 2570
                            I happen to like dimarzio some of them at least but in the back of my mind i keep hearing that little voice that say's
                            duncans are made better,sound more organic and are favored over others more than any other pup company?
                            i mean look at all the guitar companies that offer duncans stock!
                            then find the ones that offer dimarzio's stock you got parker,ibanez, uh help me out here

Different marketing strategies.

Comment

different tones, different look, a whole bunch of things

Comment

Working...
                              X