banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trembucker VS. standard humbucker, tone difference??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trembucker VS. standard humbucker, tone difference??

Just wondering about getting a trembucker spaced pickup for my tunomatic bridge on a Schecter C-1+. The string spacing is for trembucker type but some say a regualr humbucker sounds better with my bridge type. Is there a difference in tone? Should I deal with the spacing being off for tones sake??????
    My bands links:

PEDL
    www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
    www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
    www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Re: Trembucker VS. standard humbucker, tone difference??

there are no tonal differences between the trembucker and humbucker version of the same pickup.The trembucker is the same version of the humbucking pickup only with a different spacing so that it fits tremolos like floyd rose or the classic fender trem where the strings are situated in a greater distance from each other than in a tunomatic bridge of a les paul..

Comment

does having a trem system really make THAT much of a difference in string spacing? I dont understand why it's important to get a whole new pup just for that, but that's just me
      • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
      • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
      • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
      • G&L Tribute Comanche
      • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
      • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
      • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Here's an easy way to remember which spacing to use:

1) Measure from the center of one E-string to the center of the other E-string directly over the pickup.

2) If the length is over 2" (or 5cm), go with a Trembucker ("TB").

3) If it's less than 2", go with a traditional spaced humbucker ("SH").

Regardless of the guitar, the string spacing issue really only applies to bridge pickups. Once you get to the neck pickup, the taper from saddle to nut evens things out.

Comment

Working...
        X