How to wire a No-Load tone pot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to wire a No-Load tone pot?

I can't find the wiring for this pot. There was one on guitarelectronics.com, but it disappeared. Can you help me? Thanks!
    Pickups... the final frontier.
    These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
    Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Re: How to wire a No-Load tone pot?

Wire it just like a normal tone pot.
    This machine kills fascists

Comment

I already used it as a volume pot and it had to be wire different. So i thought i have to wire it also different than a tone pot.
      Pickups... the final frontier.
      These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
      Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

Inge -

For a tone pot, just wire it normally. At "10", there's no connection between the middle terminal (wiper) and the outside terminal, so there's no signal going to ground throught the tone cap at all.

I'm thinking that your volume pot application isn't a normal "no load" pot - how does it function?

Chip
        Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
        Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
        Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
        SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
        SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
        "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Start
          Inge -

I'm thinking that your volume pot application isn't a normal "no load" pot - how does it function?

Chip
          I'm kinda curious also, I saw that on that site, but couldn't get the schematic to come up ... the only thing I can think of is using it as a variable load ... not as an actual voltage divider ... as a strict VL it's either a shunt to ground, or ups the seires resistance to the signal. Unless they are using a different type of no-load pot (I have a picture of Fender's 250k-A No-Load pot in my head), or are doing someting else (can't picture what at the moment). Can't you describe it, or post a schematic. That's not a commercial site is it? Or is it? Can't really remember which site, but i know I saw that option somewhere.
          ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
          ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
          Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
          X