banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broadcaster wiring in a Nashville Tele - help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS123
    replied
    Re: Broadcaster wiring in a Nashville Tele - help!

Originally posted by mrfjones
    switch the other two pickups around, leave the broadcaster the way it is because if you switch hot and ground on that one then you will be sending the hot signal through the baseplate as well as the coil.
    That's what I would do too. If you don't, you'll have to switch the Broadcaster's leads and clip the wire connected to the baseplate. Just swap the Fender pickups' leads then you'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• mrfjones
    replied

switch the other two pickups around, leave the broadcaster the way it is because if you switch hot and ground on that one then you will be sending the hot signal through the baseplate as well as the coil.

Leave a comment:

• Curly
    replied

I can't help you much, but here's something from the FAQ:

Are Seymour Duncan and Fender single coil pickups compatible?

Yes they can be but Seymour Duncan and Fender pickups are magnetically opposite. Many players find that after installing a Seymour Duncan bridge single coil into a Strat they must switch the Fender mid and neck position pick ups both in the pick guard and in the wiring at the switch to keep the #2 and #4 positions noise canceling. There are exceptions to this rule though because Fender has changed their magnetic orientation several time in the last four decades. Generally with single coil pick ups it's easier to stick with one manufacturer to avoid the trouble of trying to figure out how to get all the pickups properly phased both electrically and magnetically.

Leave a comment:

• danz
    started a topic Broadcaster wiring in a Nashville Tele - help!

Broadcaster wiring in a Nashville Tele - help!

I've added an SD Broadcaster to my Nashville - the other two pickups are the original Fender. Two questions:

1) When I select the bridge with the middle pickup it sounds out of phase - do I just swap the Broadcaster wires around to fix that?

2) Does that also mean I'm not getting the tone (correct polarity) I should when just using the bridge setting?
Working...
X