wiring diagrams needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring diagrams needed!

ok i need a diagram for 2 humbuckers, 2 volumes, 1 tone and a 3-way LEVER switch. i know that in the schematics section of this sight there is a diargram for this setup, but it uses a toggle switch, and a lever is a little different in the way u wire it up. I gave it a go and tried to wire this setup as best i could from the diagram off of here and i did my best to get the lever part right, but i want to make sure before i mount it up. if anyone knows where i can find this diagram, i would greatly appreciate it. thanks
    my gear: '80s fender bullet (tele style)
    fender dg20ce acoustic
    peavey blazer 15 watt
    line 6 pod 2.3 and floorboard
    Atomic Reactor 112
    Warmoth double fat strat w/ SD Jb bridge and Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell

Re: wiring diagrams needed!

Originally posted by clint_41
    ok i need a diagram for 2 humbuckers, 2 volumes, 1 tone and a 3-way LEVER switch. i know that in the schematics section of this sight there is a diargram for this setup, but it uses a toggle switch, and a lever is a little different in the way u wire it up. I gave it a go and tried to wire this setup as best i could from the diagram off of here and i did my best to get the lever part right, but i want to make sure before i mount it up. if anyone knows where i can find this diagram, i would greatly appreciate it. thanks
    Look up the standard tele wiring, look at how that switch is wired (3 way strat/tele lever switch), use that for the switch part. Run your pups to their volume controls, then the volume control outputs to the switch, run the tone control connection to the switch commons (the switch outputs ... the two outside connection jumpered to each other that go to the output jack tip).
    If you want both pups to remain independent of eac other (well partly true), then run the pup outputs to the wiper, and take the outout from the CW lug; if you want a more traditional approach with less tone change from volume changes then run the pups to the CW lug, and take the output from the wiper.
    ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
    ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
    Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

If you can't find a wiring on our site, and if you can't get the information from another member (thanks Kent!), you can always try out GuitarElectronics.Com. They have a ton of diagrams, plus they'll custom-draw ones for you.
      Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
      Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp
        If you can't find a wiring on our site, and if you can't get the information from another member (thanks Kent!), ......
        Your both welcome ...
        ........ plus they'll custom-draw ones for you.
        I thought that's what we did sometimes ...LOL!
        ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
        ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
        Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

hey thanks for ur help guys! haha ya i was almost right when i wired it up, but not quite. i will give this one a try. thanks again
          my gear: '80s fender bullet (tele style)
          fender dg20ce acoustic
          peavey blazer 15 watt
          line 6 pod 2.3 and floorboard
          Atomic Reactor 112
          Warmoth double fat strat w/ SD Jb bridge and Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell

Comment

Working...
          X