Phat cats in an SG or similar???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phat cats in an SG or similar???

Okay, so ive already got ideas for my next guitar and im after something with p90's ive decided, and although i was looking into perhaps an SG with p90's or a double cut faded les paul with p90's, the thought occured about getting a nice SG and just putting some phat cats in it.

Now ive heard clips of phat cats and they were just fantastic sounding picukps, but i think they were in a semi hollow guitar. How do you think the phat cats would shape up in a solid body like an SG?
    My Soundclick page.

Re: Phat cats in an SG or similar???

I think they would work fantastic w/ an all mahogany solid body like an SG

Comment

HHB, werent you the one who did the phat cat clips? The five of them a while ago.
      My Soundclick page.

Comment

The Phat Cat I put in the neck slot of my solid ash Tele sounds great, and the eq on this pickup should still sound good in a mahogany body without getting muddy. I think it makes a lot of sense to get a dual HB guitar and install Phat Cats instead of going with a dual P90 guitar -- you'll have more flexibility in the long run if you decide to go back to HBs in one or both slots. For example, I think the clarity of the Phat Cat in the neck combined with a singing HB in the bridge would be a nice combo. Finally, by all accounts, the Phat Cats are a bit less noisy than typical P90s.
        Last edited by Kelsey; 05-12-2004, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X