X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading my guitar with SDs! (Help)

Hello everyone-

First post.

I'm upgrading my Gibson Epiphone EM-1 Rebel. Kind of a rarity from the early '90s based on Gibson's MIII.

Anyway, it's a H-S-H and I'm pretty sure I know what pups I'm getting. I've already gotten the JB gold cover for my bridge and I'm probably putting the Alnico II Pro gold cover in the neck. I was thinking about the "hot rails" in the middle position. I'm using this axe for metal and harder music mostly. (I have a hollow-body for my jazzy/clean stuff)

Would any of the Li'l pups be a better fit?

Also, 2 technical/n00b questions:

1) Some of the single coil-sized humbuckers (ie, hot rails) have a triangular shaped base which wouldn't fit in my guitar and some of them look like they would fit in perfectly. What's the deal with that? Do you have to buy specific to your pup opening?

2) Can you use a "bridge" pup in the middle position?

Thanks for your help everyone!

-Sean

Re: Upgrading my guitar with SDs! (Help)

Welcome to the Forums man! I don't see a problem with the Hot Rails fitting into your guitar, all Strat coils have that triangle kinda thing going on. Can you put a 'bridge' pup in the middle position? Definately, but it'll be much darker than if you put the neck model in there, if that's what you want that's ok. The JB/A2P is a great combo, you've got Jerry Cantrell and Adam Jones in the back, and Slash in the front! The Hot Rails will work well, but check out the other Strat-sized buckers and flat-out Strat singles anyway, and ask around about any that interest you.
    Ibanez RG1570: stock
    Squier Strat: stock

Next on the list: an amp that isn't crap!

Comment

Re: Upgrading my guitar with SDs! (Help)

Thanks for your response and great avatar!!

Comment

Working...
      X