paint on magnets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint on magnets?

Bought a new Custom pup that has traces of black stuff around the edges of the magnets. Ever seen this before? Could it be paint? Would it effect tone? It doesn't seem to want to come off. - Any thoughts? Thanks - Rob
    Life's a journey, pack a lunch!.

Re: paint on magnets?

I don't have a clue, but my guess would be that it wouldn't do anything tone-wise. I think the only way it could effect the tone is if it were lead-based, and I highly down the previous owner had their hands on anything like that.

Comment

id say your fine, nothing to worry about

Comment

Uh, the magnet should be Ceramic, therefore Black all together! LOL It could also be the adhesive off of the tape that's get the coils together, it's kinda like tar from what I can tell, that or it's the dye and the wax mixing together in the potting process, I'm not sure what this black junk could be exactly...
        ScreamingDaisy: I don't do sympathy. If you want sympathy, it can be found in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Comment

Originally posted by korinastratkyle
          Uh, the magnet should be Ceramic, therefore Black all together! LOL It could also be the adhesive off of the tape that's get the coils together, it's kinda like tar from what I can tell, that or it's the dye and the wax mixing together in the potting process, I'm not sure what this black junk could be exactly...
          What he said!
          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Working...
          X