Need some prof. help here..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some prof. help here..

I have an Duncandistortion bridge pickup w. gold cover which is microphonic. I can hear myself talking through it quite clearly if i add some distortion to my sound.
    Now since i had to wait 3 months 'till it arrived i would rather not send it back so re-potting it myself could be a solution. Now first off all are duncan pups potted with wax? (if so) Do i need to remove the cover and original wax or could i just heat it in a boiler with more wax in order to let the original wax flow again and let the new wax fill the gaps? Will this damage the gold on my cover? I could really use some advice since i never had experience doing it and i have some gigs coming up...

Re: Need some prof. help here..

all duncan pups are dipped except for a few paf types. you could pot it yourself, but you want to leave the cover on. shouldnt damage the cover either.
    as for how to pot it you need a double boiler and some wax.
    i think some one has good step by step instructions on here or a t least a link.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
      all duncan pups are dipped except for a few paf types. you could pot it yourself, but you want to leave the cover on. shouldnt damage the cover either.
      as for how to pot it you need a double boiler and some wax.
      i think some one has good step by step instructions on here or a t least a link.
      Thanks for the reply, i think i will try it, but what i really need to know is if it's neccesary to remove the old wax. That would make it a lot more complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by -Heineken-
        Thanks for the reply, i think i will try it, but what i really need to know is if it's neccesary to remove the old wax. That would make it a lot more complicated.
        No, you don't need to remove the old wax, you should be able to get canning wax where you are, it's very *clean*, and melts well (so it flows into all the little nooks and crannies (err, spaces ).
        ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
        ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
        Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kent S.
          No, you don't need to remove the old wax, you should be able to get canning wax where you are, it's very *clean*, and melts well (so it flows into all the little nooks and crannies (err, spaces ).
          Thank you for the info. Going at it this saturday

Comment

Working...
          X