banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to see if a JB will work in my Strat - what guitars can I try?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to see if a JB will work in my Strat - what guitars can I try?

Can anyone tell me what guitars currently come stock with a JB? I want to play a bunch of them and get a feel for how one will work in my US Strat Ultra (alder body, maple caps, maple neck, ebony board). I am drawn to the JB in large part because it will apparently give me the best Strat tones when split.

Thanks!!!
    Fender U.S. Strat Ultra (in the mail: Fralin P.A.F./Kinman Woodstock/Kinman Woodstock)
    Ibanez RG 560

Peavey 5150 1/2 Stack

Boss Giga Delay
    Boss Metal Zone
    Boss Super Chorus
    Dunlop Crybaby
    Ibanez Tube Screamer

Re: I want to see if a JB will work in my Strat - what guitars can I try?

Look at some ESP's and Schecters, alot of them have the JB/Jazz or JB/'59 combo.

Comment

Also, some fender guitars have the JB... some of the showmaster series if I'm not mistaken. And I believe the Jackson USA king V has one too...
      • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
      • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
      • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
      • G&L Tribute Comanche
      • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
      • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
      • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Most of the Jacksons with real Duncans use the JB at the bridge. A lot of the U.S. Hamers do also, but they won't be too close to a Strat.
        Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Schecter, Jacksons, USA Washburns, Brian Moore. Should be good for your strat. Just give it a try. You can always return it.

Comment

Just about any '80s USA Kramers (Pacers, Berettas, etc.).
            This machine kills fascists

Comment

The Godin LG Signature has a JB at the bridge and a Jazz at the neck -- bolt-on neck (mahogany/RW), mahogany body with maple cap.

Comment

Schecter just released a whole line of "Blackjack" guitars that have SD's in them- I think all have JBs bridges, but some have '59s in neck and some have Jazz's. I think they even have coil tapping built into their 5-way switches, which is a nice touch.
                Carvin SC90 (Jazz neck, CC bridge)
                Fender Aerodyne Telecaster (stock pups: tele bridge and p-90 neck)
                Ampeg Reverberocket combo

http://emayhem.com/toptenidols
                http://emayhem.com/the_fords
                (note: these songs were not recorded using the gear mentioned above...)

Comment

Working...
                X