No announcement yet.

'59 or jazz in the neck???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting my Les Paul with the Burstbucker Pros was a real eye opener as the BB Pro neck is way more articulate than the 59 in my opinion. I find the 59 a little muddy under high gain for solos......the BB pro stays very clear and controlled.

I bet the Jazz and PGn would be sweet though.

Comment

I vote for jazz, because woman tones from the neck are extremely important!

Comment

Having tried both, I'm going to say '59. The Jazz neck seemed too mellow (and I know Jolly has clips that say otherwise, but I call em like I see em )
        -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
        I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

I've got a Schecter with a Jazz in the neck and I couldn't be happier but I don't play metal - I can only tell you that the pickup sings to me.

Comment

Re: '59 or jazz in the neck???

Originally posted by Lewguitar
            Unless your name is Seymour! He prefers the Jazz...and so do I.

Lew
            Me too!
            '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

well, i think the EQing is much easier with the jazz if you got the JB in the bridge..

but right now i'm torn again between the C5 bridge or the DD bleh ..

Comment

loll sooooooo what to choose? both seems to be good...
                i think i will try a '59.
                i will tell you how it sounds for me
                Duncan Distortion Rules!!!

Comment

Hey guys I am in the same delima, cant decide between the Jazz(n) or 59(n). I love warm tones but, I dont want the guitar to sound muddy either! I am not much into Heavy metal. More of classic Rock and blues, though I do play metal stuff hear and ther. I am more interseted in how the 59 sounds clean, Does it get muddy when playing chords?
                  sigpic
                  Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
                  JFG Flying V,
                  "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
                  John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

so there is as much for one as the other....i m going to the shop tomorow so i have to make a choice tonight (i live in belgium so i cant exchange it...)
                    the tone wisard told me the '59 so i think i will go for it.
                    so in one word, is it the right choice for playing 'tallica stuff??

Comment

bump :dammit:

Comment

Working...
                      X