Original Trembucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Trembucker?

I plan on (eventually) replacing the pups in my RG (right now it jsut has an Invader in it)

I like the Invader, but I want something more versatile, in the bridge most specifically. I want something that can go from nice cleans ( The Doors, Blue Oyster Cult, Blind Melon, something like those lines) to Classic crunchy Like EVH or Led Zep or even Peal Jam, to some pretty heavy stuff like Metallica, AiC, Nirvana.

I already have a JB in my Les Paul, and had it in my RG and didn't liek it, not enough bottom end in there for me. The Invader can do those things, but it just seems like it doesn't have enough life and breaks up much to quickly.

So I've been looking aroudn and was thinking maybe a Trembucker Spaced Custom, or an Original Trembucker?

Has anyone ever had these in a basswood body before? Any other reccommendations would be appreciated too.

And BTW, I run through a Traynor YCV 20, and a digitech rp200 (hopefully that'll be upgraded soon )
    Fender Stratocaster - EMG 81/85 (camo)
    Ibanez RG550 - Invader (b)
    Taylor 110E Acoustic
    Traynor YCV 20
    Brice 5 String Jazz Bass

Re: Original Trembucker?

here is what i was told as i am also looking for a good set for my RG.
    the original trembucker is a warm,thick toned pup that is real good for a ibanez RG type guitar, i was told it is sorta like JB but not as hot and without the upper mid peak and it had more bass than a JB.
    i have not tried the Patb-1 but it sounds like a winner in a RG

Comment

personally id try a patb3. the blues trembucker is one of my favorite pups, a little brighter and lower output than the patb1 but very versitle. the patb1 is a cool pup that has a nice warm medium output sound.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
        . the patb1 is a cool pup that has a nice warm medium output sound.
        jeremy, i was told that it smokes in the right guitar? like a RG or a jackson but not so great in some others?

Comment

i think it sounds best in a ibanez or jackson but ive heard it sound great in a fender too

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
            i think it sounds best in a ibanez or jackson but ive heard it sound great in a fender too
            cool! it was said that for a RG or similar guitar to sound its best,you should purposly use a pup designed for them? makes sense NO?
            like the PATB series are said to be designed with those guitars in mind?
            I am going to be buying a used C5/jazz for the RG cause the price is right, but i hope in the long run i am doing the right thing?

Comment

you may love the c5. the patb series was infact designed for those types of guitars so it makes sense

Comment

Try the patb2. I have 2 of them and theay are bruatal but not as over the top as the sh-6 version. Preety cool in my Ibanez 560"s
                My bands links:

PEDL
                www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
                www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
                www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

Working...
                X