Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about duncan and fenders pickups

Hello Everybody!!

I'm planning to install a duncan 59b in my mexico Fat strat while keepping for a while (about a month or two) the stock single coils that come with the guitar. I'm hearing something about a phase problem when installing duncans with fender pickups? Is this a problem only to single coil pickups or to humbuckers also? Although i gonna pay a technicial (most likely the store own tech from which i will purchase the pickups), will there will be a problem in the instalation? I 'm asking this, also because i'm considering later to install the american equivalents of the stock single coils and i would like to know what problems (if any) will i experience! Would i need to go duncan all the way in order to correctly work? I read in the FAQ that in order to work together the only thing is to reverse the cables of the pickup! Is this the only action needed? And something else, whats the difference between the 2 conductor to 4 conductor cables that 59b is available? Which one should i purchase for my strat?

Thank you in advance for your time!!

Re: Question about duncan and fenders pickups

I'm not sure about the problem of mixing Duncans with Fenders, but I can answer your 2 or 4 conductor question. The 4 conductor version is so that you can split the pickup. If you're not planning to split it, then the 2 conductor version is all you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragoneti
      I'm hearing something about a phase problem when installing duncans with fender pickups?
      check the FAQ on the main site
      "music heals"
      facebook

Comment

even if it is out of phase, its not a big deal to fix. especially if you have 4 cond wiring

Comment

if you are having the tech do it, just get the 4 conductor 59tb (thats trembucker for the fender string spacing) and he should have no problem wiring it up. If it does turn out to be out of phase then the tech can simply switch two of the wires around and it will be in phase
          Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Thank you all for your answers!

So, from what i'm reading, it is not something not easily fixable, especially from a qualified technician and i should not have any serious sound problems! I have read the FAQ in the main site but i was a little bit frightened by some posts here in the forum, that stated that there were problems with duncans and fenders that even with reversing the ground and hot wires did not fix! Anyway if it is a problem easily fixed then ok, afterall that's why i'll pay a technician to do the work, overwise i could easily do it myself!! So it is advisable to take the four conductor pickup, which costs little above the normal one and have the option to install a split switch, isn't it?

Thank you again for your answers!!

Comment

Working...
            X