is this legal? peavey's clones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this legal? peavey's clones

I just found out that the wolfgang pups are the same as those ones in the ebmm
    axis but only switched around!
    bridge in the neck and neck in the bridge. in other words the 16.8K is in the neck spot and the 14.6K is in the bridge on the peavey. and on the ebmm axis guitars it is the other way round
    peavey also ommited the air design,but other than that they are the same winds!
    I guess it is legal as long as they dont use the air design in the one pup huh?

Re: is this legal? peavey's clones

is that true? ive never heard that

Comment

Not true at all. Those who have tried both can attest to that.

Ryan
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

There's nothing illegal about copying the number of turns or d.c. resistance of a pickup. However, if you're using technology (like our Vintage Rails) or a trademark (like the name Duckbuckers) without permission, which is protected by patent or trademark, that could be considered infringement.

Good question.
        Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
        Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

To further prove my point, the Wolfgang pickups do not use the same wind for each pickup. The neck pickup may have a higher resistance, but it balances perfectly with the bridge pickup. There is no loss in volume when switching between the two. You can even hear the difference on the Van Halen records.

Ryan
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Yep stick the neck in the bridge and it is way thinnersounding than than the normal bridge pu.

Comment

Whoever told you that is retarded, period.

In the end, neither of those guitars come with pickups that reproduce the VH tone that people actually LIKE anyway, unless you're a fan of "Carnal Knowledge", and the later albums.

I've got two EB/MMs, and I can personally attest to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Majestic
                Whoever told you that is retarded, period.

In the end, neither of those guitars come with pickups that reproduce the VH tone that people actually LIKE anyway, unless you're a fan of "Carnal Knowledge", and the later albums.

I've got two EB/MMs, and I can personally attest to that.
                man you got to learn to reword your sentences!
                callin someone retarded is not going to make me take you very seriously
                the guy that told me this was under the impression that they were the same,but that is no reason to call him retarded!

Comment

Working...
                X