banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hot do Neck and Middle pickups need to be when matched with a JB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hot do Neck and Middle pickups need to be when matched with a JB?

I am leaning towards combining a JB (16.4k D.C. Resistance) with Kinmans in the middle and neck positions of my Strat.

To ensure there is not a problematic volume disparity, what D.C. Resistance should my Kinmans (or other single coils) be?

In the event that I end up going with something other than a JB, is there a general formula that should be followed (e.g., make sure middle and neck singles' D.C. Resistance measurements are .4-.7 of the bridge humbucker)

Thanks!
    Fender U.S. Strat Ultra (in the mail: Fralin P.A.F./Kinman Woodstock/Kinman Woodstock)
    Ibanez RG 560

Peavey 5150 1/2 Stack

Boss Giga Delay
    Boss Metal Zone
    Boss Super Chorus
    Dunlop Crybaby
    Ibanez Tube Screamer

Re: How hot do Neck and Middle pickups need to be when matched with a JB?

Wow, first off finally gives the Kinmans a chance, but to answer your question you should go with the woodstock set to match with that JB infact thats the only set by kinman that can really match well with a humbucker in the bridge.
    Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
    The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Working...
    X