banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assembling new guitar-need pickup advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assembling new guitar-need pickup advice.

This is my first post, and first of all, I would like to say hello and thank you for the opportunity to join. I am in the process of assembling a guitar and would like some advice on pickup selection.

Body: basswood :double humbucker
    Neck: maple with pao ferro fretboard
    Bridge: Schaller double locking tremolo(non recessed)

My amp is an older Randall RG100ES with a 4x12 Randall cabinet with Jaguar speakers. I play mainly "80's" hair metal and heavier blues type stuff. I like the sound of the Screamin Demon and the 59n and was wondering if this would be a good combination. If not, what are your feelings on what may be a good combination. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Assembling new guitar-need pickup advice.

I would think those two pickups would sound quite well together.
    www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Originally posted by DWVINKY
      This is my first post, and first of all, I would like to say hello and thank you for the opportunity to join. I am in the process of assembling a guitar and would like some advice on pickup selection.

Body: basswood :double humbucker
      Neck: maple with pao ferro fretboard
      Bridge: Schaller double locking tremolo(non recessed)

My amp is an older Randall RG100ES with a 4x12 Randall cabinet with Jaguar speakers. I play mainly "80's" hair metal and heavier blues type stuff. I like the sound of the Screamin Demon and the 59n and was wondering if this would be a good combination. If not, what are your feelings on what may be a good combination. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
      Hello and welcome to the greatest forum on the entire internet!
      I Like both of your choices and I actually use the Scremon Demon in a basswood strat with a maple neck...Mine has a 3 way mini switch that I wired for series/split/parallel tones for lots of versatility...The SD is rated for 10k and has this great cutting tone and yet is also a very clean and articulate pickup also in it's series tones...The split tones are just a bit of a single coil compromise(As most split tones are)but still very usable if you need a single coil bridge tone?
      The SD is basically a 59 with the A5 magnet with more output and growl and crunch in the mids...The 59 is also a great pickup overall and a bit warmer and rated in the 8k ranges...If the SD doesn't suit your needs,then I'd look into either the C5 or the CC...The CC in a strat is great but the C5 will give you a tighter tone with good strong lows and highs...

The 59N pickup is great...Hands down you'll cover everything with that pickup....Great choice for the neck..

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

as has been said, 80's means JB!! and for the neck the '59 would probably be good.
        • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
        • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
        • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
        • G&L Tribute Comanche
        • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
        • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
        • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The info is much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X