banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PATB3 (Blues Saraceno) VS. C5 in a mohagony Schecter??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PATB3 (Blues Saraceno) VS. C5 in a mohagony Schecter??

Jus t wondering what bridge pickup is better (versatile)? Differences in tone, gain?
    My bands links:

PEDL
    www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
    www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
    www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Re: PATB3 (Blues Saraceno) VS. C5 in a mohagony Schecter??

Having tried both in the same guitar, I can say that yhe Blues Trembucker is definitely more versatile. It has a little less output than the C5, but I've always preferred to get my gain from the amp rather than the pickup. The Blues has a very even EQ, which really allows the natural tone of your guitar to come through. It's actually my favorite Duncan bridge pickup. It's warmer than the '59, C5, or Demon due to the increased midrange, but it still has enough brightness to cut through the mix and not sound muddy, even in a dark-sounding guitar. The bass and treble are absolutely perfect for my tastes, and it can cover just about any sound.

The C5 on the other hand, is a different story. I found it to be way too bassy, too bright, and too scooped in the midrange. I would consider the C5 to be on the higher end of the medium output spectrum, but it still has a vintage tone to it. Even with the bass and treble turned almost all the way down and the mids cranked, I couldn't get the C5 to sound right in my Wolfgang. I know lots of people have them in Strats and love them, but I can't imagine using it in a brighter sounding guitar. I think the C5 works best in a dark sounding Les Paul through a warmer sounding amp.

Overall, I think the Blues is a much better choice.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Thanx alot. What neck pickup would you choose with the patb3 bridge? If I go with the C5 what neck pickup?
      My bands links:

PEDL

TREBLE BLEED

KLINK

Comment

What type of sound are you looking for from a neck pickup? Is the body all mahogany, or does it have a maple cap? What about the neck and fretboard wood? I'd need to know all of that before I could recommend something for the neck spot.

Ryan

Comment

Mohagony body flame maple top/maple neck/rosewood fretboard/ neck thru. Schecter C1+
          My bands links:

PEDL

TREBLE BLEED

KLINK

Comment

What kind of tone are you looking for? Warm, bright, etc? What kind of stuff do you plan on playing with this guitar? There are about 5 different pickups that would work well in that guitar, but it depends a lot on what type of music you play.

Ryan

Comment

I am in 2 bands one is heavy/alternative/rock covers and one is electronica like static x ministry, crystal method etc. I need the neck for solos and clean open airy but not too hard to play with on leads.
              My bands links:

PEDL

TREBLE BLEED

KLINK

Comment

In that case, I would probably suggest the '59 neck. If you wanted a warmer sounding pickup than the '59, the Pearly Gates or Alnico II Pro would work well.

Ryan

Comment

What kind of amp did you try the C5 with? I use a Voodoo modded mesa dual rectifier. Would this sort of amp fit with the C5. I had them install a mid boost push/pull pot that gives the mids alot of oomph. Do you think this may offset the scooped mid thing?
                  My bands links:

PEDL

TREBLE BLEED

KLINK

Comment

I have a Blues Trembucker in the neck and bridge of one of my guitars, and the Blues turns out to have a nice warm creamy(almost vintage) neck tone. Not really a suggestion, but something to through into the mix here. btw, the Blues Trembucker is probably one of the finest pups I've ever owned. It does everything I want it to and it does it very well.
                    Not a 5150 Kramer, but a 5149 1/2 Shamer
                    www.bigmouthbetty.com

Comment

Working...
                    X