jb, custom-5 or other???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jb, custom-5 or other???

help me! i have a bc rich nj warlock, from around 1999-2001 (which means that i don't know what it is made of). it's the one with the widow headstock, lisenced floyd rose, 2 volume 1 tone pots, and no fastheel neck. anyway, i installed a dimarzio breed on the bridge, but i think it was a bad choise for my ears (don't get me wrong, the pickups great, just no for me so, i'm changing to duncan i play thrash-death, straight out of the 80's, and from what i have heard and read, the custom-5 would be the best choice for the bridge, or would it not? for the neck i'l just get a jazz2
    thx in advance

Re: jb, custom-5 or other???

I think a JB or Duncan Distortion might be a better choice for that type of thing, but a C-5 can pull it off as well.

A Dimebucker would also be a good choice.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

80s = JB. Like Robert said, the Distortion would be great too, like a JB with a bit more bass if I'm not mistaken.
      Ibanez RG1570: stock
      Squier Strat: stock

Next on the list: an amp that isn't crap!

Comment

For 80's, go with Robert's suggestion for the Duncan Distortion. That's pretty damn thrashy right there!
        • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
        • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
        • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
        • G&L Tribute Comanche
        • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
        • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
        • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Working...
        X