Full Shred/jb/custom Custom/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Shred/jb/custom Custom/

whioch one of those humbucker have more bass?
    in the neck and in the bridge positions
    HAILS
    J.P
    Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
    Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
    Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
    Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
    Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
    Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
    Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
    Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Re: Full Shred/jb/custom Custom/

Some people have said the FS and JB could use more bass, so the CC probably wins out of the 3.
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by WITH FULL DISTORTION
      whioch one of those humbucker have more bass?
      in the neck and in the bridge positions
      HAILS
      J.P
      Hey man,

Do you really want to know...which one has more bass or which one has tighter bass? I have experience with the JB and FS in the bridge (and the JB in the neck) positions. For METAL style playing (NO MUSHY BASS) I'd go with the FS. For hard rock tones...the JB. I think the JB's low end is a little bit more 'mushy' than the FS under heavy gain...but this ain't all bad, either...gives it some breath to me when the distortion is backed off. The JB sounds great in the neck, as well...but it is NOT defined enough to use in the neck of my strat for low E-string heavy riffing...I used it for thick solo tones only.

I'd like to try out a custom custom myself...but I just bought my third JB off of e-bay...gotta play that one for awhile first. Pretty soon, when I get a chance (after my board exams), I'm gonna make some clips of the FSb and JBb so I can A/B them just for myself with a full band mix...if it turns out well, I might post them so others can hear the difference for themselves. I'm really having trouble deciding between them. Oh yeah, when I get to it, I'll also try and demo the JBn/JBb combo...with FULL DISTORTION just for you, dude.

Later,
      Farkus
      2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
      1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Hails Guys
        YES
        i want to know that because i want a SD humbucker in the Neck, of one of my guitars .the reason i´m asking that to you guys is the following : i dislike bassy pickups, but i don´t like thin neck pickups too. i like it balanced, but with lots of highs and lots of highs.
        i guess my poplar body/maple 24 fret neck with rosewood fretboard will need a little bit more Bass to it, but that is not a full size size humbucker and it is not the reason that im asking this here
        i´m askig this because i have another guitar and i will pair the bill lawrence l500xl in the bridge with a SD pickup in the neck.
        but i heard that the Jb in the neck is a little Bassy and fat, and i dislike that qualities in a pickup, unless the guitar wood CLAIMS for fat tone etc.
        my Tagima Stratocaster vintage 60´s is : marfim neck, rosewood fretboard 22 frets and Marupá Body.
        she has a lot balanced tone and the overal sound is a mix between articulated/definition and darky sounds.
        i guess i will get good results with the SD-FSneck, but ,
        i would like to hear some Single note/speed/tapping/two hands and sweeped Arpeggios with the SD-FS neck pickup before i decide to buy one.
        I also want to hear the CC in the neck and want to hear the JB IN the neck and see if it is fatty/bassy(muddy? Perhaps?!?!) as they said it is.
        i guess that is time for SD- to lauch The Jb II(with Improved Bass, since a lot of users in the (unless the ones that have a Heavy/bassy gear ) recent review posts ofor Vault purposes of the Pickup lounge forum are getting bored with the Jb BASS response.
        to me, i should use the Jb very well if it has a little bit MORE Output and a little more Bass to it. i love it´s Highs. Their midds? THEY ****ING RULE. one of the best mids i ever played/heard...... 2 favorite choice after teh CC in the bridge for destroying mIDDS.
        ****ing hails and im waiting for MORE help from you guys
        J.P.
        Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
        Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
        Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
        Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
        Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
        Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
        Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
        Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

i find Seymour should make a JB style neck HB which is hot, has less bass and much clarity so that it doesn't overpower the JB in the bridge....
          RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
          TS 7 (modded)
          Hot Rod 50+ XL
          Framus Dragon 4x12
          V-AMP II for practice

Comment

I have a custom custom in the bridge of my Ibanez (basswood) 570 and I really like it. It has alot of mids and even lows and highs but never had issues live.
            My bands links:

PEDL
            www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
            www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
            www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

Working...
            X